General Carowinds discussion
By Capler
#108906
Is Carowinds the only park in the chain with a Winterfest parade? If so, that makes us very special. I also wonder will they they expand this to other parks? This seems like a good way of repurposing the Grand Carnivale floats.
User avatar
By jlc9701
#108907
Appears to be another bait and switch.
By Lit
#108911
We went Friday Night and it was really good. Weather was perfect and the parade was awesome. I can’t believe they sing and dance the whole way around the park!

Side notes:

-Rode Copperhead Strike twice, neither time had a very long wait.

-Rode the Gliders, crushed it

-Rode the Wave Swinger, disappointed with the ride. It starts to tilt before you get spinning. By the time you get going, it’s on its way back down.

-Camels
By RollerBee
#108912
Lit wrote:We went Friday Night and it was really good. Weather was perfect and the parade was awesome. I can’t believe they sing and dance the whole way around the park!

Side notes:

-Rode Copperhead Strike twice, neither time had a very long wait.

-Rode the Gliders, crushed it

-Rode the Wave Swinger, disappointed with the ride. It starts to tilt before you get spinning. By the time you get going, it’s on its way back down.

-Camels
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108913
So The big question, Des the parade go through the raised awning???
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108917
And it fits with people standing on the side?!?!? I'm mind blown . . .
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#108918
coasterbruh wrote:And it fits with people standing on the side?!?!? I'm mind blown . . .


They rope off the canopy before the parade comes through.

If you’re worried about people fitting though, you should see what happens when it gets to the North Gate. It’s just one giant fire hazard.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108920
Ok, i'm confused. is it roped off so people cannot come through or is it wide enough to accommodate people and the parade floats?
User avatar
By tarheel1231
#108921
coasterbruh wrote:Ok, i'm confused. is it roped off so people cannot come through or is it wide enough to accommodate people and the parade floats?


The first one. At around 8:45 or so they close off the canopy so no one enters it, and when the parade reaches that point on the route, they unrope it for the floats only.
User avatar
By coasterbruh
#108922
Ohhh so basically its a non backstage, backstage area for it to pass. That's . . . different.
User avatar
By Hiveminded
#108926
So thats why they randomly made the ceiling taller in the vine tunnel. Fascinating.. Hopefully I can get down there this weekend. 10 more rides to go on Copperhead before hitting 100!
By Christopher Mallis
#108928
I mean, for the most part the most spacious viewing areas are celebration plaza, county fair and thrill zone, boardwalk and carousel park are pretty limited to space, especially the boardwalk.
By Lit
#108929
People were sitting on the side of the parade route way in advance of the parade like it was the 4th of July in Faith. The entire route is marked off with white lines, if you want to get yourself a good spot.

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests