General Carowinds discussion
By Coasterphreak
Carowinds has plenty of room for waterpark expansion in the back corner where Thunder Road's turnaround used to be. There also looks to be enough room for another slide complex right on the corner by the waterpark gate.
By Coasterphreak
coasterbruh wrote:There is already a CAROLINA HARBOR topic, the general discussion topic to discuss the topic of space (which has been discussed several times) and countless of other wish list and speculation topics to choose from. Lets start using the current topics we have vs making a new topic for any idea that pops in our head that may get 2 or three replied.

I strongly recommend the "search" feature on the top left . . .

It doesn't hurt to refresh a thread occasionally. It's only been two years and some change since the last post in that thread...
I have been wondering if next year will be additions for the Harbor but I think they may hold off on they and do some park improvements. It's still a few more areas they park wants to revamp before revisiting an area. Now, there is plenty of space to expand Carolina Harbor within it's current borders. They can build on to a current tower or add additional slides in some green space.
We Could see a Wet N Wild expansion like Knotts and Canadas Wonderland done a few years back where some dry rides in the dry park and some small-scale water slides in the water park I do think Carolina Boardwalk or Crossroads should be next for areas needing refurbing or redone.
I’ve had a hunch for awhile now that 2020 will be a “wet and wild” expansion, similar to what Canada’s Wonderland did in 2017. Something for Carolina Harbor and a flat somewhere in the park.

I’m still holding out hope that we’ll see a water coaster in the park, unrealistic as it may be.

EDIT: Didn’t mean to echo the last couple posts
I think the water park needs a complex/tower of tube slides that allow under 48" heights. The roller coasters have numerous height incriments, so there's something "new" for kids to grow into every year or two. But the waterslides are basically all or nothing; besides the little toddler tube slide, there's nothing for kids until they're tall enough for nearly everything.
Guess I’m one of the few that doesn’t really even go to the waterpark, heck I think I went to it more for Winterfest than in the summer. So I’m glad the WWF space was used for a new coaster. I do love that it takes the majority of the crowds off the coasters on summer days.
Glitch99 wrote:I think the water park needs a complex/tower of tube slides that allow under 48" heights. The roller coasters have numerous height incriments, so there's something "new" for kids to grow into every year or two. But the waterslides are basically all or nothing; besides the little toddler tube slide, there's nothing for kids until they're tall enough for nearly everything.

The family raft slide seems to be the only one that is under 48". I can understand why water slides have a higher height restriction due to the depth of the splash pool but it seems a good bit of water slides now have run outs now (like the bowl and wall slide) so i'm curious as to why that didn't change the height restrictions.
Christopher Mallis wrote:I’m wondering what will happen after Carowinds uses the current available space for Carolina Harbor? They bordered it in some more with Copperhead Strike.

You asked this about 10 posts up and everyone already answered. I'm sorry that you don't like their answers.
So true. We've got YEARS AND YEARS to worry about Carolina Harbor land-lock. Let's fill up the vacant space they have first.

All the purple are places they could put a ton of stuff. ... and that's not counting what may be removed and replaced in the future... or added onto...

^You may be on to something lol lol

Wonder if this thread can be named "Carolina Harbor discussion thread" since obviously they are not done upgrading it lol.