General Carowinds discussion
Well I emailed them so we will see. Does anyone know what the remaining construction is for? And I wonder if they will actually clean the parking lot up afterwards (painting all the spaces, etc.) or if this is the best it will get.
Hmm interesting I know of 3 life jacket karts of racks one is near the pirates landing another near Sand Dune Lagoon and one in front of Bondi Beach errr Tidal Way Bay. and yes the First Aid building is to the left in front of and facing Tidal Wave Bay to the left beyond Harbor House.

I agree the front gate bathrooms can get very nasty and the parking lot is a mess. Chairs? There will never be enough chairs. As you said people will claim a seat with a towel and walk off is which one of the big issues at any waterpark I've been to.
Most important question when it comes to first aid, doctors offices or hospitals: Were the nurses cute....
The nurses that tended to me when I got a 30 year old splinter from Goldrusher weren't.
Overall my family and I have enjoyed the new water park. However they need to better train the workers there, we get a different story every time as to whether or not our son can or cannot wear his shoes on the slides, same for life vest. Also he can't go down them without one of us pushing him because he is under 40"? he is exactly 40" at the doctor but apparently the stick is more accurate than the doctor office, but I digress. What happened to the beach volleyball courts they were supposed to build by the new wave pool? Also the parking lot is a disaster, and they don't have anyone watching people coming off the new slides, my wife and I stood there for 5 mins waiting on an intertube as people got out of the pool, kept their tube and ran right back in line. Also anyone know what happened to the green 4 person family slide? It seems to be shut down for a while now. Lastly I really wish they had redone the lazy river( made it longer). Oh and I have a love hate relationship with the water features in the new kids area, I love spraying others with them, and hate when it happens to me.
I hope the water in Carolina Harbor has proper chlorine treatment so they don't have that deadly amoeba problem like the Whitewater Center. That whole incident is a bit suspicious, since they use UV radiation filters to kill the germs. Hopefully the Carolina Harbor is properly disinfected since people tend to pee and poop in the water, especially the kids. But Carolina Harbor should not be a freshwater lake, so hopefully the amoeba concern will not exist.
Now that is an interesting question, I will note that on some days Whitewater Falls and Flume have a Chorine(sp?) odor to them. Flume's ride water was normally clear like pool water. Flume didn't actually go into the pond like Whitewater does.

Some articles say the amoba has to be forced up the nose, others just say up the nose. What are the odds of water going up someone's nose on these rides?
Knott's Soak City is replacing their funnel slide with a constrictor slide in 2017. Any chance it could be relocated here? Carolina Harbor already seems to be a huge draw, and relocating the slide would cost less than building one from the ground up.