General Carowinds discussion
By yawetag
If the licensing deal is over, I see a new name and painting. I wonder if Cedar Fair has any trademarked names that haven't yet been used. I seem to recall several names being registered recently, originally thought to throw doubt over names of upcoming coasters - maybe it was to also get ready for renamed rides.
By Glitch99
yawetag wrote:If the licensing deal is over, I see a new name and painting. I wonder if Cedar Fair has any trademarked names that haven't yet been used. I seem to recall several names being registered recently, originally thought to throw doubt over names of upcoming coasters - maybe it was to also get ready for renamed rides.

Am I the only one thinking it'd be odd for them to just remove the sign insert instead of the whole sign? It's not like they can re-use the larger sign, since it's cut-out specific to Intimidator; the whole thing will have to come down anyways, to put up a new name. It actually looks rather trashy like that, for it be intentional.
By RollerBee
Glitch99 wrote:
yawetag wrote:If the licensing deal is over, I see a new name and painting. I wonder if Cedar Fair has any trademarked names that haven't yet been used. I seem to recall several names being registered recently, originally thought to throw doubt over names of upcoming coasters - maybe it was to also get ready for renamed rides.

Am I the only one thinking it'd be odd for them to just remove the sign insert instead of the whole sign? It's not like they can re-use the larger sign, since it's cut-out specific to Intimidator; the whole thing will have to come down anyways, to put up a new name. It actually looks rather trashy like that, for it be intentional.

Another winter with this tradition, speculating on the licensing of Intimidator.

1) They aren’t going to remove the coaster.
2) The sign inserts could have been removed to be replaced or repaired.
3) Whether the frames holding the sign inserts will be reused or is not, they could have been left because it was the end of workday when the signs were removed.
By cltrushfan
Is anyone else noticing a gap in promotion and marketing emails? I never received emails about renewing my season pass, extended fall days/hours, Winterfest activities/promotions/season pass preview night, etc. One would think they would want to try and get as many people attending these things, but it appears their marketing efforts are falling woefully short of generating excitement.
By Glitch99
I got season pass renewal emails, Winterfest preview night emails (both promoting it, and cancelling it), and numerous others from Carowinds that I cant recall the subject. And just a couple days ago I received another of those passholder perks - half-price fudge this time. Certainly not swamped with promotional emails, but it hasnt been radio silence either.

Maybe your email settings arent correct, or something is blocking them on your end?
By cltrushfan
Glitch99 wrote:I got season pass renewal emails, Winterfest preview night emails (both promoting it, and cancelling it), and numerous others from Carowinds that I cant recall the subject. And just a couple days ago I received another of those passholder perks - half-price fudge this time. Certainly not swamped with promotional emails, but it hasnt been radio silence either.

Maybe your email settings arent correct, or something is blocking them on your end?

Thanks for confirming. I did re-up my passes today and made sure the marketing box was checked, so we'll see if that works.
By Chris
Glitch99 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, but I just assumed they cut it out to donate that part to DEI? Maybe that's all DEI wanted?
By Hiveminded
They put up some permanent chain link railings in front of the metal detectors, looks nice! Beats the old strap ones. Also the Welcome to Carowinds message doesn’t cut out the music completely and suddenly now, also nice.

Edit: It’s very packed!! Great weather might have something to do with it, I didn’t even check. This might be my first ever visit where I leave without doing anything. Oh well.