General Carowinds discussion
By Jarsh
I'll be making an announcement at the Max Cannon Coaster Classic event (during dinner) regarding the 2016 edition of Winter Warm Up. Stay tuned - this one is going to be awesome!
By coasterbruh
Jarsh wrote:I'll be making an announcement at the Max Cannon Coaster Classic event (during dinner) regarding the 2016 edition of Winter Warm Up. Stay tuned - this one is going to be awesome!

Is it still gonna be in the 'woods?
By Jarsh
I'm game, but we'd prolly be the only two folks there, lol.
By Chris
I'm hoping to hear more about this year's WWU. I heard it will be at Dollywood but that's all I heard. It was hard to hear. Did I miss anything else?
By aoriole19
What exactly happens at a Winter Warm-Up?

I haven't yet decided if I'll be at home or at school during our one-month term in January (probably at school), but in case I decide to stay in NC I wanted to look into this.
By lanigan911
aoriole19 wrote:What exactly happens at a Winter Warm-Up?

I haven't yet decided if I'll be at home or at school during our one-month term in January (probably at school), but in case I decide to stay in NC I wanted to look into this.

We sit around for 8 hours or so and listen to presentations from area parks, then get some swag and (hopefully) head out to see whatever the host park is working on for a bit.
By arby
WWU usually lasts for about 5-6 hours. During the first part, reps from some of the regional parks present what they are working on for the upcoming season and sometimes give hints to the future. Those who can't make it and some other parks sometimes send presentations that Jarsh covers.

WWU always includes a meal of some sort depending on which park we are going to. Additionally the host park almost always gives us a tour, weather permitting, either of what they have in the works or of the park in general.

Usually some of the parks include some swag and or door prizes to give away.

Dollywood prides itself in being a step above the rest and you never know what they have up their sleeves. Pete from Dollywood has graciously traveled to every single WWU that I have been to so I am doing everything I can to be there this year.
By Tawny71
Since Arby is too modest to share this himself, I'll share it for him:
http://www.tarheelcamper.com/2015/01/wi ... carolinas/

That's his blog post from this year's WWU.

To me, WWU is a coaster nerd's dream. Even though it's not a riding event, there is so much really cool information shared and so many sneak peeks into the upcoming season, it's a different kind of fun. Plus, you get to meet and spend time with other people who are just as (or more) coaster nerdy than you are! I know most of my friends can't relate to my passion for coasters, so going to events like this is a chance to bond with my "coaster family".

Last year's swag was amazing! We each got a free pass to Dollywood, a free pass to Six Flags Fiesta Texas with a one-time-use fast pass for the new Batman coaster, Fury hardhats and mousepads, Christmas ornaments from Six Flags over Georgia, and lots more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. There was also a raffle. I won a flag that had flown on Voyage at Holiday World. I know others won free passes to different parks in the region (and beyond). In addition to that, the food was amazing.

I have no doubt that Dreammore Resort will be a fun place to attend next year's event, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. (They shared lots of pics of the construction of the resort at this year's event.) And hopefully we'll get a construction tour of *whatever* (cough, cough RMC) is being built for 2016 at Dollywood.
By Jarsh
Hmmm... I thought I posted about it in here but I'm not seeing where I confirmed everything.

Winter Warm Up will be held on January 30, 2016 at the DreamMore Resort at Dollywood. We are in the very early planning stages so nothing is final at this point except the location and a construction tour of Lightning Rod. There will a discounted room rate offered to those in attendance who wish to stay at DreamMore that weekend. If memory serves me correct, I think the rate ended up being somewhere around $105/night.

More solid information about the event as well as the resort discount info will be released soon so that everyone can start making plans.