General Carowinds discussion
By Jarsh
We are pleased to announce that our off-season Winter Warm Up event will be held on Saturday, January 17 at Carowinds in the brand new Harmony Hall!

More details and the event flyer will be released later in the year, but we wanted to let everyone know the date so they could make plans to attend. We hope to see you there!
By Jarsh
Jay wrote:Awesome! I'm so there!

If Intimidator is any indication we might have a complete coaster by then! The question is... how complete will the rest of the "things" be? :wtf:

That same thought keeps running through my mind as well. Who knows, lol... We might have to park at the South Gate (if it's still there!) or in the employee lot out back and walk through the park. Either way, coming in the front gate prolly won't be an option.

saxrokinhomo wrote:*sigh* And I was planning on getting an ACE membership with my taxes...dang lol

I'm not sure how much you think an ACE membership cost (they certainly don't require a tax refund to afford, lol), but there are different price points to suit everyones taste. And if you aren't an ACE member, you are more than welcome to attend as a guest of an ACE member at the guest rate.

what is the winter warm up?

I thought putting "off-season event" in the post was clear enough, but I guess I should probably clarify for those who aren't familiar with the ACE Southeast region and our events.

Winter Warm Up is the annual ACE Southeast off-season event that has been held at Six Flags Over Georgia every year (until now). The park is closed for the season so this is always a non-riding event. ACE members and their guests gather at the selected park and park personel from around the region get together and put on a presentation of all the things they are working on at their park for the coming year. Presentations from Carowinds, Six Flags Over Georgia, Dollywood, Wild Adventures, Lake Winnie & Alabama's Splash Adventure have been the norm for the past few years. While it's not guaranteed, most parks bring along goodies to distribute to attendees as well. A meal followed by a park tour of the host park usually wraps up the event.

We're still working on the details since this is a new location with a new setup so bear with us as we get everything squared away. The park has other things on their plates right now so we won't be pestering them with details until later in the year.
By TheCoasterMan1
Is there any possibility where I could be a guest? If anyone would like to do the honor and let me be a guest please just send me a direct message. This would be my first time attending an event and I would like to test the waters. Not that $20 is alot but since I don't have a source of income (my parents are my source) then I don't know how up they are for giving me the money. Also what is the recommended age for attending. I will be 15 at the time of the event with a drivers permit. :lol:

Anyways,
Thanks
By Jarsh
FYI: The event is NOT free and there is an event registration fee required whenever you register. That being said, the registration fee is usually around the $20 range for members (+$5 more for guests). For this year, there is a chance it will be more depending on what the new food cost is so in the end if you are going to have trouble getting the $20 for the ACE membership, you are probably going to have trouble getting the $20ish for the registration fee.

Also, if you decide to participate, there is no age limit although most people younger than 18 always come with adult supervision. As the event "manager" of sorts, I will say that as long as you follow the rules and don't get into trouble by doing something stupid, I would be okay with you attending. Keep in mind that whoever (if anyone) decides to let you be their guest, they are responsible for your actions.
By Edwardo
With the trial membership cheaper than Coasterbuzz club and my membership there just having expired, I may try that.