General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
I didn't want to be "that guy" when the person mentioned the ACE on the building but its not really meant to be a nod to the coaster club per se but more so "true to form" based on the era and the theme of the coaster.

Before they were known for hardware only, ACE was a big auto shop chain during the *gasp* 50's lol.
By FamousAmos
chknwing wrote:^ yo seriously? 3am?

Yeah, I did get an hour of sleep after that before we left to go to the park. It's in the hands of Pete Owens right now. He will be seeing her next month and will give it to her then. I'll also be working on editing the video from the event.
By Jarsh
coasterbruh wrote:I didn't want to be "that guy" when the person mentioned the ACE on the building but its not really meant to be a nod to the coaster club per se but more so "true to form" based on the era and the theme of the coaster.

Before they were known for hardware only, ACE was a big auto shop chain during the *gasp* 50's lol.

We'll call it a lucky coincidence then. I asked Pete about it on the way over to the site and he smirked and said he pleaded the 5th. When I mentioned it to Katherine she just blurted out that yes, it was a nod to ACE that just happened to work in the parks favor with the theme of the ride.
By arby
...and that's also why I called it a 'subtle shout-out' and not a direct one. From what I have heard, the wording on the building was meant to be ambiguous.
By FamousAmos
For those of you who did not attend this event, would you like to see the video? This time, I filmed more of the presentations (there were quite a few funny incidents in my opinion). They are highly edited and I'll start uploading them tonight. Mind you, none of the videos surpass 20 minutes, but the playlist will be long possibly (by which I mean more than 9 videos). There honestly wasn't much that I needed to cut out this time. If you don't like what I filmed, you don't have to watch it. . . :wave:
I'm taking the time to edit it and actually release some content for those of you who might actually want to sit and listen like we did.

Each video is split by each park's presentation (some of which I had to split further into two parts).
Just keep an eye on my channel if you'd like to watch them.
By coasterbruh
In case anyone didn't know (or were wondering) Winter Warm Up is 02/23 this year. . .
By coasterbruh
I was gonna say I give you one guess but I could see how it one would think either Carowinds or Dollywood but it's Carowinds as far as I know.