General Carowinds discussion
By Jarsh
arby wrote:Thankfully Jarsh will remind us here, it will be on Facebook, and I'll probably get an email. Between one of those I'll remember... ;)

I'm just glad someone reads them, lol.

Jonathan wrote:Just booked a flight. I didn't even get to the park this year so things are going to look very different.

Awesome to hear! And you're right... you're in for a shock.
By arby
Jarsh wrote:I'm just glad someone reads them, lol.

If I don't, my wife reminds me - 'Did you see that ACE Southeast post about..?' ;) She's got your back.
By FamousAmos
Some of you I'll be meeting for the first time. I really enjoy talking to all of you guys and I am excited for this event.
By Jarsh
A little over 2 1/2 weeks left for mail in registrations!

FYI: The menu is called "Taste Of Carolina." Any guesses as to what that consist of? I'll let ya know the complete menu soon!
By Jonathan
My registration was just submitted and mustard barbecue is an abomination. Still delicious. But on the general scale of barbecue deliciousness, an abomination.

How bout some banana pudding? Always appropriate.

If the bar is open perhaps a little Cheerwine and rum combo, also known as a "Nature Boy."

By CarowindsFan
Jonathan wrote:Image

When I was around 13 or so ('81 or '82) my family went to Carowinds that summer. On our way home, we stopped at the KFC just outside the gate. In the parking lot was Ric Flair and Roddy Piper eating chicken on the hood of Ric's corvette.
Good times.
By Tawny71
^That's pretty cool!
My husband's birthday was last week, and as his gift, I got him a VIP package for the WWE event here in Charlotte on Dec. 7. I was kinda hoping Ric Flair would be one of the WWE Superstars we got to meet, but he wasn't there. We did get to do the meet and greet with Charlotte (Ric Flair's daughter), so that was cool. :)

As for mustard BBQ, it just sounds odd to me.
By Jarsh
So far I've posted two of the five sets of items. Here's what I've announced so far:

Local Carolina cheese
Blue Crab Ceviche

Brunswick Stew over Carolina Gold rice
Seafood Gumbo over Carolina Gold rice

Three more "sets" to go!
By FamousAmos
I heard there will be auctions. I'm assuming the auction stuff will include parts of the deceased entrance, like the Carowinds sign on the border, etc. But I also heard that there will be giveaways.