General Carowinds discussion
By Jonathan
The new $35 no printed publications membership was a great idea. The magazines are nice to flip through but ACE News kind of lost its usefulness when the Internet came around.
By Jarsh
The problem with Coaster Stock verses Carolina Coaster Classic is that the only time either event had decent numbers was when Intimidator opened. Yes, Cedar Fair wanted each park to have it's own coaster event but I don't think Cedar Fair realized that not every park is Cedar Point. Cedar Point can handle an ACE event and a park event because lots of people would attend them both and have plenty to do.

When Carowinds started Coaster Stock, we helped them plan their event based on our own Carolina Coaster Classic. The first year they had Coaster Stock, they didn't have a lot of people show up (and neither did the ACE event) but for whatever reasons, the people at the park in a sense blamed the ACE event for killing their park event numbers. To counter this, the park began pulling the ACE perks back and offering them to the park event attendees. This is the reason that Carolina Coaster Classic didn't happen for a few years.

Since that time, new folks have come in and they understand that Carowinds will never pull hundreds of folks in for a coaster event - park or ACE related (aside from Coaster Con) and since it's cheaper for ACE to put on our event, they let Coaster Stock go... for now. Do I see it coming back? Sure, but I don't know when.
By Jarsh
We just secured a good rate for the Comfort Inn at Carowinds for this event for those who will be coming from out of town! All the details will be announced on the event flyer later in the year.
By Jarsh
There isn't a deadline to become an ACE member as you can sign up to become one at any time. As far as the deadlines for Winter Warm Up registrations, I'm working on the event flyer that will have all of that info on it. It's usually a week and a half before the event for mail in's and one week for online. For this event, both deadlines will be in early January.
By shane235
I am interested in going to this, however, I am only 13. If I bring one of my parents with me, would they also have to pay for a membership?
By FamousAmos
If you are a member of ACE, then they can come as a guest. That is what I am doing. I am 18, but I have no car or license, so my mom will be with me. She will be my guest.