General Carowinds discussion
Jwrickner wrote:Hopefully something different, maybe i305 style. I don't see the point of something that is almost exactly like intimidator but taller.

They just might, though...

Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland (built by B&M)

Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland (built by B&M)

Jwrickner wrote:pictures and drawings of possible locations for this monster

One thing I did hear on the local news that I don't think has been printed yet regarding the expansion incentives, and fairly unsubstantiated, is that roughly 75% of the physical expansion will be on the NC side, so knock yourselves out.
I'd love to have a Millennium Force style Intamin, but I305 is far from my ideal choice...

Leviathan > I305 imo.

But a 'Millennium Force' themed similar to "white lightnin" would be awesome!

And is it 300 definitely, or potentially slightly taller, like 301, 305, 306?
300 seems kinda flat. Lol.
Wowwwwww. Cedar Fair is really serious about this hyper and a giga in a same park thing hah.

Guess I'll try to get my Canada's Wonderland trip report up in a couple days.

There's no way it will be a Leviathan clone. That ride is really designed to fit into a precise space. You can't really clone a hyper in the same way that you can a more compact ride like Batman.
Jonathan wrote:Wowwwwww. Cedar Fair is really serious about this hyper and a giga in a same park thing hah.

Guess I'll try to get my Canada's Wonderland trip report up in a couple days.

There's no way it will be a Leviathan clone. That ride is really designed to fit into a precise space. You can't really clone a hyper in the same way that you can a more compact ride like Batman.

How does Leviathan feel compared to B&M hypers? It doesn't seem like it would feel much different... maybe a little faster.
How does Leviathan feel compared to B&M hypers? It doesn't seem like it would feel much different... maybe a little faster.

I thought it was different enough. The two complemented each other well as far as I was concerned and Behemoth and Leviathan are probably both in my top 5 steel. My major issue with Leviathan is that it is too short. The opening sequence of events though is probably the most masterfully engineered thing I've ever experienced on any roller coaster. The first drop is absolutely insane and then there's this weird low to the ground stretched out curving hill that you take at like 70 MPH while just floating out of your seat the entire way over. It's a lot more uncontrolled feeling than any other B&M hyper.

No one ever questions it when a park has multiple woodies. Hell Holiday World has built three woodies from essentially the same company.

I'm glad it's not a wing coaster. Wild Eagle was not very impressive.

Ditto. This is the most exciting news possible as far as I'm concerned.