General Carowinds discussion
By jeffdavis
I have a short, practical wish list pertaining to Scarowinds:

Open a few rides in Planet Snoopy, the ones that pertain to adults. (Woodstock Express, Gliders, maybe that balloon ride).

Run two trains on each side of Thunder Road and two trains on Goldrusher.

Add another scare zone or two. The three in place are pretty good. More = better in my opinion.

Just some thoughts after being there Saturday night and seeing unusually long lines for Goldrusher and Thunder Road which were running single trains (TR had 1 NC and 1 SC).
By brandonmoore7
will1313 wrote:we went on a thurday night last year and the lines were ok..... but its freaking amaizing and proably the best halloween themepark ever

im going to hhn in a few weeks and so excited

back to the subject i think we need a good thememd ride with a really goo thought out plot line a good theme... something like that
By coasterbruh
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I know how everyone says how good the Universal one is, but I would never do it because of how crowded it has to be.

Thank you for thinking that way...now I really dont have to worry about buying an express pass. I haven't brought one in years! Matter fact I only brought it the first 2 years of me going because I had the same mindset as you. Boy was I wrong. I can easily go thru all the house and some even twice on any given night of HHN and have time to spare. But if one more person came, you, I dont know how that would effect it so dont come! lol...

And for those of you wanting HHN quality haunts remember, universal charges over 80.00 per person for the halloween event.
By will1313
coasterbruh wrote:
Picklesthedrummer wrote:I know how everyone says how good the Universal one is, but I would never do it because of how crowded it has to be.

Thank you for thinking that way...now I really dont have to worry about buying an express pass. I haven't brought one in years! Matter fact I only brought it the first 2 years of me going because I had the same mindset as you. Boy was I wrong. I can easily go thru all the house and some even twice on any given night of HHN and have time to spare. But if one more person came, you, I dont know how that would effect it so dont come! lol...

And for those of you wanting HHN quality haunts remember, universal charges over 80.00 per person for the halloween event.

Exactly why we arent going. We just dont have the money this year
By Edwardo
Picklesthedrummer wrote:Anyone know how well Formula Rossa does break down wise? I ask that because it is Intamin's most recent hydraulic launcher and possibly they have fixed a few problems that their earlier models had.

Reports have it going down quite a bit.
By Picklesthedrummer
coasterbruh wrote:
Picklesthedrummer wrote:

Well since you can do all of the mazes in time that isn't a problem. The bigger problem is that I think $80 is outrageous for being in a theme park for about 5 hours (im guessing they run the even from 7-1 am). How many haunts do they have?
By coasterbruh
I have never paid full price for HHN. I always do the stay and scream, which right now is 36.99 sunday thru thursday, or if I know im gonna be going more than one night then a frequent fear pass, which is the price of one night for 15 nights, is what I go for. Also, since im a premire pass holder I get deep discounts lol. They have 8 new haunts but their haunts are movie quality. As a matter of fact, a movie was filmed in one of there haunts! But alot of people take their vacation around HHN's time frame so they can take avantage of the fact that they already have the park tickets.
By arby
I know this isn't the 'what's new for 2013' thread, but it seemed like a good place to put this. Dorney Park disclosed today that it's getting a Dinosaurs Alive! for 2012. That makes me suspicious that with nearly all (probably eventually all) Cedar Fair parks getting Windseekers, that they are going to put Dinosaurs Alive! at all their parks, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see this come to Carowinds in 2013 or 2014.

I really hope that if they add it to the park, it won't be the only attraction for that year.
By hdmech
Where was this disclosed, I can't find it! I will be very annoyed if we get a dinosaurs alive however. :( :(
By hdmech
Where was this disclosed, I can't find it! I will be very annoyed if we get a dinosaurs alive however. :( :(
By chunkyskunk
It has been nearly a month since any activity on this thread so I thought I would throw something in. I know this was brought up a time or two in this thread earlier on but now that the year is coming to a close I wanted to revisit an earlier thought. How many out there think we will get a new coaster for 2013? As we all know we are getting a badly needed flat ride for 2012. Wonder what 2013 will bring. I have a 'fear' it might involve dinosaurs but hoping not. What is everyone's thought about a coaster?