General Carowinds discussion
By tarheel1231
coasterbruh wrote:Your proposed Carolina Cafe design looks even more out of place than the current one . . .

Maybe a bit too modern? I think something like the BBQ restaurant from Kings Island would also look nice there:

Anyways, some extra stuff I made because I have too much free time.

I combined the Crossroads Expansion and Mayhem Mansion concepts into one:

By coasterbruh
Some pretty good editing there, but I would hate for that much space to be taken up just by a car ride.

Signed,
Selfish Enthusiast
By Rabidfrog
I like the autos thing, but I think they would be cooler with a coaster above them (similar to the walking path under afterburn). Either in and out of Intimidator or a new family friendly coaster. Weaving in and out with another ride would make for some cool interactions.
By tarheel1231
Rabidfrog wrote:I like the autos thing, but I think they would be cooler with a coaster above them (similar to the walking path under afterburn). Either in and out of Intimidator or a new family friendly coaster. Weaving in and out with another ride would make for some cool interactions.

Absolutely. I think something like Pony Express, but longer and themed to motorbikes, would fit the overall “roads” theme. Maybe even racing like West Coast Racers, where it pauses mid-ride to race the other train.
By gabed
coasterbruh wrote:I wish this was copperhead . . .

While I haven’t ridden Time Traveler, I can’t help but feel that the spinning is more of a novelty. Copperhead is a near perfect ride as is
By Yosoleboricua
tarheel1231 wrote:
coasterbruh wrote:Your proposed Carolina Cafe design looks even more out of place than the current one . . .

Maybe a bit too modern? I think something like the BBQ restaurant from Kings Island would also look nice there:

cbbq.png

CCR Overview (2).png

CCR Bridge Entrance.png

CCR View 1.png

CCR View 2.png

I honestly love this idea and theming ,but I feel afterburn would need a new theme and some cosmetic changes, if it’s going to be themed to cars and all that, you can keep the jet plane theme but prob need another name and remove the military theme to it.
By tarheel1231
Yosoleboricua wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:

cbbq.png

CCR Overview (2).png

CCR Bridge Entrance.png

CCR View 1.png

CCR View 2.png

I honestly love this idea and theming ,but I feel afterburn would need a new theme and some cosmetic changes, if it’s going to be themed to cars and all that, you can keep the jet plane theme but prob need another name and remove the military theme to it.

I've been thinking of how to incorporate Afterburn into the new area, and I think I've come up with a mild retheme that still allows the ride to keep its name and colors:

To fit in with this new sort of rural area, Afterburn would be rethemed to a firework factory. The queue would have posters and props similar to Firechaser Express at Dollywood.

The sign would have props placed in front of it.

The station would be rethemed to a fireworks factory, with props placed on the roof and below the sign.

The prop jet plane would be modified to look like a firework, by removing the wings and retheming some of the smaller missiles to look like fireworks for the aforementioned props.

The trains would have a similar color scheme to Patriot at Worlds of Fun.

I don't really have a story in mind for this, but I think it would blend into the area better than the current fighter jet theme. Afterburn is still a park icon though, so I don't know if the park would be willing to change it.
By BelowThePeak
Mmm yeah no, I don't think Afterburn needs a retheme, especially one that would end up being a downgrade from the current theme. If anything, the area around Afterburn should change to better fit its theme, not the other way around.
By yawetag
chknwing wrote:with the new Top Gun movie due out next year, would be nice to return to the Top Gun name, wont happen though.

Considering Top Gun is a Paramount product, there's an almost-0% chance Cedar Fair will pay the rights to rename it back to Top Gun.
By tarheel1231
Well, my last concept was a dud, but I think y'all will like this one slightly better:

Country Gardens revised:

This concept takes inspiration from the Ireland section of Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and has several topiaries/planters and fountains.

The first attraction is a Huss Breakdance named Barrels o' Fun. It would replace Dodg'em's (Dodg'ems would be moved somewhere else within the park):

This is the breakdance attraction that was supposed to come to the park in 2017 when County Fair was built. the status is currently unknown, but if Cedar Fair still has possession of it, it would be a relatively cheap addition.

Since the ride vehicles already have barrel decals on them, the ride would be themed to a garden distillery where the barrels have fallen off the walls. The Dodg'em's building would be renovated to reflect the new theme:

The second attraction is a Mondial Revolution similar to Delirium at Kings Dominion called "Kudzu Kurse". Themed to a giant swinging kudzu vine, it would replace Yo-Yo and serve as the anchor attraction. Southern Star would be moved to the Boardwalk in order to allow sightlines to the back of the land, so the ride would be visible from Boo Blasters.

By pproteinc
For my wish list, the Country Crossroad would be my ideal location for renovation, as everyone seem to agree with. I’d remove Southern Star and place over in the Boardwalk section. In the old Southern Star section I’d place a Giant Frisbee, bumper cars will remain. Using the remaining land left over from Thunder Road, I’d place a screamin swing there. Remove Yo-yo of course for a Gerstalauer sky roller like Sky Hawk at Canada’s Wonderland. I’d also remove the games in the middle and place an old skool covered ride like the whip there. Take up the black top for pavers and add more greenery and upgrade the bathrooms. Sorry guys the computer crashed so I can’t do visuals at the moment.
Last edited by pproteinc on January 2nd, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Edwardo
That plots not big enough with Afterburn’s turn for a giant frisbee. Not near enough clearance. That’s a tight plot of land.

Besides, I’d rather have a Zamperla Discovery somewhere where it fits.
By tarheel1231
Edwardo wrote:That plots not big enough with Afterburn’s turn for a giant frisbee. Not near enough clearance. That’s a tight plot of land.

Besides, I’d rather have a Zamperla Discovery somewhere where it fits.

I used daftlogic to measure it, and the space comes in at just around 115 feet in width at towards the middle of the plot. Delirium at KD’s plot is only about 105 feet wide (including the queue and grass between it). The Mondial model is probably the only one that would fit there.