General Carowinds discussion
By CarowindsFreak
When at carowinds yesterday I rode the cyclone and noticed something was going on at slaughter house. The big back door was open and you could see right in. Where you enter slaughter house all looked like it was taken down. The first green house (one toward cyclone) was taken down.
By brandonmoore7
CarowindsFreak wrote:When at carowinds yesterday I rode the cyclone and noticed something was going on at slaughter house. The big back door was open and you could see right in. Where you enter slaughter house all looked like it was taken down. The first green house (one toward cyclone) was taken down.

maybe screamscape is right
By brandonmoore7
will44 wrote:this excites me maybe a little trust passing wouldnt hurt :idea:

sounds fun, if u know how to run when they ketch you... which i do
By hdmech
Ok, the carowinds website says that they will put up info on auditions for scarowinds sometime in june 2011, does this mean that this is where the scarowinds website, info, and theme will be placed?
By hdmech
Ok, the carowinds website says that they will put up info on auditions for scarowinds sometime in june 2011, does this mean that this is where the scarowinds website, info, and theme will be placed?
By Wolf
Check out the comments section of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKOV5f_LksQ. Somebody (who claims to work as part of the SCarowinds prep crew) mentions that Defex might move around... I think they might put it where Silver Scream was last year. That's why there are containers of SCarowinds props in between the Hurler tracks.

Also, does anybody know anything about audition dates for SCarowinds? I'd DIE to work there :wink:
By coasterlvr
Does anyone know anything about the new maze? Name? Concept? They are being quite secretive with it this year...
By Wolf
Nope. I know that, like other people already said, it is probably going to replace the Slaughterhouse. You could say that it's kind of a bittersweet thing. The Slaughterhouse used to be my all-time favorite haunted attraction at SCarowinds. However, they didn't change a whole lot between every season (the changes they did make made it WORSE, such as brighter lighting in some spots), the line got absurdly long, and the actors always focused on the group in front of us because the people in charge continually sent too many groups at the same time because of the lines. I'd say that it's about time the Slaughterhouse changed up.

I have no clue what it will change to, but here is what I think are some possibilities (based on what they have and haven't done yet) and good options:
-A full-blown haunted schoolhouse (they could relocate the Playground to be closer, too).
-A zombie-infested hospital (not like the Asylum, but an actual hospital).
-Something apocalypse-based.
-Maybe a comeback for something like Alien Extermination (or whatever it was called)?
-If we're lucky, something movie-based, like a SAW attraction.
By hdmech
I would not like to see something so similar to the asylum....it just doesnt seem to make too much sense. However, the schoolhouse kind of reminds me of Virus Z at knotts scary farm which would be awesome at carowinds but it needs a MUCH wider area than just that green building..... As I said earlier, if you look on the SCarowinds tab under "jobs" then it will tell you that job information will be displayed in JUNE 2011..... and with that, the people that are hired to be screamsters in the new maze will probably be excited and "leak"....haha just hoping
By Wolf
I think they hired the building crews and such already. I'm on the look-out for leaks...

On another note, I want to work as a Screamster this year. Anybody have any info on auditions? Do they come in the summer as well, or are they in late August/September?