General Carowinds discussion
By skinkforguv
I noticed a couple of older guys in ties sweeping up garbage. (I'm assuming this was some sort of managment training exercise.) As we were leaving there were two manager types sweeping up butts in the parking lot.

I also noticed that height restrictions were considerably different and not consistantly enforced. I got had a little guy with me. He was aloud on Phantom Flyers with me (as the height requirements on the map allowed), but he was also allowed to ride Little BIlls Cruisers (Strictly verboten by "map law").

I saw one of the ride ops at Thunder go cart track get grazed by a cart....pretty funny.

Big problem I noticed was Scooby Haunted house was not lit up much at all inside. I know it's supposed to be a dark ride, but several rooms were so dark, you couldn't see what was in there. (Example, the hall with the paintings were very hard to see.)

Security getting in was nicer than usual.

We had a good day...I got to ride Top GUn and Drop Zone.
By CoasterChris
I had a pretty fun day as well. When i rode SDHM the lighting was fine so it may have just been a brief dark out or something.

The park was alot nicer looking but then again it's always been one of the cleaner parks i had ever been to. I also did like the new uniforms.
I like how each dept had it's own color shirt and all those poor managers walking arouns in suits and ties. I feel sorry for them when it hits June,July & Aug.

I enjoyed my visit back to my home park. My next visit won't be until last June, july or aug so i can get a chance to see the new show and who knows you might just see me dancing in the parade again this year but only for one day.

I'll also be back for Scarowinds since Cedar Fair has said alot about improveing it with like 2-3 new mazes. We'll see if that reall happens.
By insidebackdoor
ALl of the trash can have been replaced with new ones and all have logo's on them

Scarowinds is actually going to be a "major" focus this year. CF has made it clear that it wants it to be the best of the best. They have backed that with actual dollars. I think everyone will be surprised!

Opening day went extremely well! Southern star has not been "handed" over from the contractor but should be soon!
By BoRgAsSiMiLaToR
Whew! what a great day! I am so glad the park is back in action! I wish southern star would have been open. I got some good pictures of it testing. I actually liked the new location i think it will be more popular than it used to be, which that means no more riding 9 or more times in a row :angry: Oh well I hope it opens soon. I might make a trip back tomorrow i dont know yet since i went from opening to closing today. I dont like the fact that they close at 6 instead of 8 that really sux. Overall it was a great opening day. I will try to get some pictures uploaded somewhere soon.
By coasterholic14
BoRgAsSiMiLaToR wrote: I actually liked the new location i think it will be more popular than it used to be, which that means no more riding 9 or more times in a row :angry:

It might gain some popularity in it's new, more visible location, but i doubt it will be so much that you can't ride like 9 times in a row anymore.

I'm stuck at college for a while longer, but mid-may I'm looking forward to going for my first time this season. No season tickets for me this year as my interest in the park has already been dying rapidly in recent years, and with nothing new thhis year there wasn't much of a point. Hopefully additions for 2008 will inspire me to get one again :)
By chargercrazy
insidebackdoor wrote: ALl of the trash can have been replaced with new ones and all have logo's on them

This is entirely not true. <_<
By bgwfreak
^ Very true.

Basically just the trash cans at the front of the park.

So is the back gate closed for good? I dont' think they used it today at all. I wonder if it's gone for good now.

The park had a lot of ride issues today. Many coasters were up and down including: Top Gun, Vortex, Southern Star, Thunder Road -Backwards and Borg (big surprise).

Weather was about as great as you can ask for.

We had a great time. I normally don't spend a whole day at the park except at C3 and it was a lot of fun.

You guys that didn't chose to support your home park missed out! lol

By the way, the snappage is particularly good on Tubs 1 & 10 this year. 4 seems to be a dud.

I'll get my pics up sometime soon. After I get some sleep. :D

OH, lol totally forgot. Southern Star looks actually VERY NICE! They did a really nice looking queue for it (no cover though) and they did some nice landscaping in front of the ride.

Didn't get to ride it because it went down later in the day.

Overall a good day at the park, despite some problems.

BTW...Cyclone has SEAT BELTS now. Ugh. :rolleyes:
By deaconnor
Man I wish that they'd just put lap bars on the Cyclone. I think that would make the coaster a little better.
By bgwfreak
You can't put lap bars on Cyclone, it has corkscrews.
By KIVortex
Seat Belts on Carolina Cyclone? Does this mean that all Arrow coasters in the former PP will have seat belts? How are they? Please don't tell me Vortex at KI will have them, it's operated since 1987 without them.
By deaconnor
Cyclone has gone since 1980 without them. And yes FOF only has lap bars but it has corkscrews.
By KIVortex
Can anyone tell me how these new seats belts are? Any pics?
By bgwfreak
deaconnor wrote: Cyclone has gone since 1980 without them. And yes FOF only has lap bars but it has corkscrews.

Yeah it does, but it also has restraints holding your feet in.

<a href='http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34177' target='_blank'>http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34177</a>

Here's my photos from yesterday. There's a pic in there of the seatbelt on Cyclone too.