General Carowinds discussion
By jlc9701
giant X marks the big ⚪

By HavenHamilton
tarheel1231 wrote:I don't know how we got on the topic of launched coasters, but while we're here...

And Maverick is around 4.4 acres:

Maverick.png

"Copperhead Strike" would be an outstanding name for a Maverick-style blitz coaster.
By Chris
HavenHamilton wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:I don't know how we got on the topic of launched coasters, but while we're here...

And Maverick is around 4.4 acres:

Maverick.png

"Copperhead Strike" would be an outstanding name for a Maverick-style blitz coaster.

If only we were getting a Maverick style Blitz coaster!
By jlc9701
redrunner97 wrote:What exactly is that supposed to mean? And in what context? :?:

Just can't put my finger on it.
Attachments
By SafetySam
While I feel that this project will be a great addition for the park I am inclined to believe that CF as something a little more significant waiting for the 2023 season as it is the 50th anniversary.....I could be wrong but I'm pulling back any speculations that I had before...just gonna wait and see
By Christopher Mallis
SafetySam wrote:While I feel that this project will be a great addition for the park I am inclined to believe that CF as something a little more significant waiting for the 2023 season as it is the 50th anniversary.....I could be wrong but I'm pulling back any speculations that I had before...just gonna wait and see

Cedar Fair doesen’t usually celebrate park anniversaries with a big addition, but who knows they are tying to make Carowinds into the “cedar point of the southeast”
By chknwing
If Copperhead Strike is indeed the name of Carowinds 2019 coaster, I dont see how a wing coaster fits that name. Better suited for a GCI or mack launch but a recent post by screamscape ruled out a GCI. A dive coaster would not fit the name well imo either. Adding the word "strike" to the name implies something quick like a launch. The name is great but I only see it fitting a few coaster types.
By redrunner97
I would genuinely love a Mack launch like Blue Fire.

In fact, if I had my way, I would pick a Mack launched megacoster over any other option for Carowinds' 2019 coaster.
By Jrlooney88
Ditto to what was said, I would gladly welcome a Mack Coaster, both Blue Fire (Top, Europa-Park) and Time Traveler (Bottom, Silver Dollar City) look incredible. Unlike Time Traveler though, I'd rather have normal trains, I just don't think Spinning Seats would fit the theme of a "Copperhead Strike".

By tarheel1231
If I had to bet money, I’d say the manufacturer is Gerstlauer based off the fact that Knott’s latest addition was made by them. I could potentially see Mack but Gerstlauer is the most recent launch-capable company Cedar Fair has worked with- that is, if the coaster is indeed launched.