Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
I decided to scrap my first build of Fury since the game has changed so much since then.
The first thing I did was lay out the entire coaster using the 32m billboards for much better accuracy.

The game is so worth it.
However, the coaster builder is still weird. It's not like in no limits. In No Limits, when you add banking to track, it has what's called a "continuous roll" between track segments. On Planet Coaster, however, it does not. So when you start a banked track segment, the banking just stops at the end of said track segment. So, whenever I build the coaster, I'll have to basically break the game mechanic just to make it look smooth :( which will take a very long time.
Frontier knows that almost all players dislike this, so maybe they'll fix it.
Edwardo wrote:I hope to have my gaming PC built by March to finally dig into planet coaster.

Ayyeee same here, hoping to have my rig, albeit a cheap one, done by the end of the month. Planet Coaster is the first game I’ll be purchasing
Last edited by gabed on January 10th, 2018, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
How much RAM (aka system memory) is installed on your PC?
For example, my system specs are:

Core i5 4440 (i think)
GTX 1050 Ti graphics card
16 GB of RAM

You may not have enough system memory to run the game
Steam recommends 8 GB of RAM for the game to run properly, so if you have 8 GB or more than that shouldn't be the problem.
tarheel1231 wrote:Planet Coaster keeps crashing after about an hour on my PC, and I got it last year. :?

I've had a few issues on my system with Planet Coaster, the best solution I've found is to delete it from Steam and reinstall. Haven't had any issues since, although that won't fix it if you're system just can't handle the game.
The lift hill is a work in progress. I'm custom building the catwalks, anti-roll backs, and various other things. Any detail I can put on here I will. I've even managed to make the lift "jog" like it does in reality (the chain starts slow, speeds up, slows at the top).

Sean978 wrote:
tarheel1231 wrote:Planet Coaster keeps crashing after about an hour on my PC, and I got it last year. :?

I've had a few issues on my system with Planet Coaster, the best solution I've found is to delete it from Steam and reinstall. Haven't had any issues since, although that won't fix it if you're system just can't handle the game.

I was having issues with the game as well when I first installed it. But after I refreshed my PC (cause I wanted to install Windows 10), and reinstalled the game, it worked fine.

The only issue I was having is my frame rate because of my graphics card, and low RAM. So I upgraded my RAM to 16 Gb, and got a new graphics card. Now I have zero frame drops. The Memory cost me around $160. The graphics card I bought was a GTX 1050 4Gb Ti for $174.

I was fortunate to be able to afford that back in the summer though. And I really needed to upgrade my PC at the time. I need a new mother board at some point, but I can't afford it right now. Of course, with a new mother board, I'll practically have a brand new computer at that point :lol:
I made a working FAA light. If you want it for your parks, I'll also post the download link. Please keep in mind, you must have the Adventure DLC purchased. This blueprint uses the gems from that DLC. (sorry about that, but it looks realistic with them).

Link to download from Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1270091278