Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Jarsh
Six Flags Over Georgia - Saturday, January 28.

Eight parks confirmed for presentations. The Varsity food truck will be serving lunch. Lots of goodies for everyone in attendance, including a construction tour of Justice League: Battle For Metropolis.

Event flyer coming soon!
By FamousAmos
I'm assuming that the price for attendance will be roughly the same as last year? I can't wait to come down. It will be my first visit to this park.
By Jarsh
I don't remember what 2016's pricing was, but I'm guessing 2017's will be a little cheaper since we don't have to cover all of the room rental cost that DreamMore has attached to it.

That's not written in stone though, so it might end up being the same depending on what SFoG would like to offer attendees. In either case, I can't imagine it being more expensive than last year.

You do realize that you won't see 95% of the park, right? And what you do see will probably be torn up and/or under winter maintenance.

I will say that after my chat with the park yesterday, I'm pleasantly surprised at what they intend to do to compete with the awesomeness that was Dollywood hosting last year.
By FamousAmos
Yeah, I know I won't see much of the park. I've always heard that operations were horrendous, but at least I will have actually visited the park at least once, haha. I'm planning to come, but things can change between now and then.
By Jarsh
The event flyer has been released and will be uploaded shortly. In the mean time, here is the final schedule:

7:30a - 8:00a: Check in.
8:00a - 12:00p: Park presentations from Alabama Splash Adventure, Kings Island, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Six Flags Fiesta Texas & Six Flags Over Texas.
12:00p - 1:00p: Lunch from The Varsity's food truck.
1:00p: Six Flags Over Georgia presentation.
2:00p - 3:00p: Construction tour of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.
3:00p: Event concludes.

Pricing:
$25 for ACE Members
$30 for Guest

Online registration link:
https://acesoutheast.ticketleap.com/201 ... r-warm-up/
By Edwardo
FamousAmos wrote:Yeah, I know I won't see much of the park. I've always heard that operations were horrendous, but at least I will have actually visited the park at least once, haha. I'm planning to come, but things can change between now and then.

Who in the world told you operations were horrendous? The only ride in the park with any operational problems that I've ever seen is Supes, but otherwise it's one of the nicer well run parks out there.
By Jarsh
They had some issues with operations this year. It was pretty bad from some of the comments I've heard.
By Jonathan
Last time I went there operations were so terrible that we left the line of multiple rides after seeing how absurd the cycle times were. It was one of the worst experiences with operations I've ever had at a park.
By arby
It was the same in the fall of 2015. My wife is usually a good sport, but said she never wants to go back there from our last two experiences.
By Edwardo
Interesting. Ive never seen it. This past weekend ops were surprisingly quick in the cold and rain. That park needs to paint their coasters tho.
By carolinaman
This will be my first Winter Warm Up and I am really looking forward to it. But it seems like there is not as much excitement about it this year as in years past. I am just going by looking at past discussions on here about previous Winter Warm Ups.
By Jarsh
It is an "off" year so to speak for our region. No one is building a new coaster (aside from the kiddie one at Dollywood) so lots of people aren't interested right off the bat. Hopefully the addition of SFoT and Kings Island to talk about their coasters will help out some. Plus, there are other things throughout the day that hopefully will make it turn out better than expected.
By coasterbruh
Unfortunately I'm gonna have to sit this one out, literally, since I'm unable to drive or really walk right now. Take plenty pictures and notes!