General Carowinds discussion
The Coaster Critic wrote:Swampfox, I agree with the long dark tunnel. For me tunnel's can add a lot and they can't cost much to make if they're just above ground covered sections like on Magnum or Steel Force. How about an homage to Magnum? Okay, it's not practical for a B&M to copy an arrow design, but I wonder if we'll ever see newer steel coasters emulate landmark coasters from the past like the Cyclone clones. I'm rambling.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I don't want a B&M Magnum clone...
By Jstbcool
Don't expect a new B&M train design seeing as they just redesigned the trains for Behemoth and Diamondback. Also, as far as the labels on the track, B&M started coding their labels so that they cannot be deciphered by coaster fanatics after the destinations of track in the past were figured out before parks were ready to announce they were building new coasters. I'm trying to find an picture of a label someone took for diamondback, but no luck so far.
Jstbcool wrote:Don't expect a new B&M train design seeing as they just redesigned the trains for Behemoth and Diamondback.

Yes, and I would expect to get these new trains. The other 2 CF parks got them.
Man this forum is getting to keep up with :lol:

That company makes rebar............... :shock: :P

Anyway, I think they will stick with the current train design right now. Personally I think this will be very similar to Diamondback except with the a little different layout and different terrain and stats. I cannot think of what they would add to it, but they probably will think of something.
By DaveVan
I can't say 100% for sure what those are there for.....but here in rural WV farmers use that exact same thing as cattle feeders. The two halves make a circle and feed is put in the center....it keeps all the cattle a even distance from the feed and allows all to eat. Maybe they are a cheap form of metal re-enforcement??
Here are some like that....but there are 100's different kinds
By flyer1965
How many pieces of track can you see at the factory where the pictures were taken (thanks for taking them, by the way). It doesn't look like there's that much track there, but certainly a lot of supports waiting to be painted. Looks like there are just a few pieces of track, maybe 6-8...Has anyone considered that the red track might be leftover from a different order that wasn't used afterall? Was the factory big enough they could have a ton indoors that can't be seen? Maybe they can make it fast enough that it doesn't even exist yet but they'll make it and ship it, I'm just surprised if they are going to be shipping an entire roller coaster worth of steel that there isn't more inventory. Just my 2cents
By Jay
^^It still amazes me that people are still so skeptical.. even when the evidence all around, is slapping them in the face..

Yes there weren't very many pieces of track just sitting outside, but I also did not snoop around past the front.. I'm sorry for that I guess? I didn't really feel like getting arrested for tresspassing. :?

Do not underestimate the size of this building, it is massive.. here is a aerial photo from when Diamondback was being produced.

There could have been a lot of track even just around the corner that I did not see. Also I would bet that much of the track has not been produced or is indeed inside the building.

The full gallery of aerial 'construction' pics where I got the above photo are here, courtesy of http://www.kicentral.com.
DaveVan wrote:Image
I can't say 100% for sure what those are there for.....but here in rural WV farmers use that exact same thing as cattle feeders. The two halves make a circle and feed is put in the center....it keeps all the cattle a even distance from the feed and allows all to eat. Maybe they are a cheap form of metal re-enforcement??
Here are some like that....but there are 100's different kinds

I believe Carowinds is coming up with a new queueing plan for this ride.
By flyer1965
JamminJ wrote:^^It still amazes me that people are still so skeptical.. even when the evidence all around, is slapping them in the face..

The full gallery of aerial 'construction' pics where I got the above photo are here, courtesy of http://www.kicentral.com.

Holy smokes, that place IS big. I'm not skeptical we're getting a roller coaster, just wondered if it has to come from this place. Kind of like the KD track, did anyone ever figure out where it was made? Thanks for the pics, this aerial shows there could be a TON of track, I just had no sense of scale of the place till now.