General Carowinds discussion
By bgwfreak
Here's my update, no, no track yet.

The concrete boxes have been moved and there is new work going on.

This shot brought to you by Carolina Skytower.

Something new...

The boxes are over on the right now.

Hello Digger Dan.

Rebar is going in.

I never noticed these markers in the middle of those trees over near the picnic tables.

To give you a better idea.

Dig baby dig.

Now for snooping in the parking lot.

My drill is bigger than your drill.

Guys are prepping the rebar.

More rebar.

And the mysterious red box just turns out to be a supply box, no track inside :(.

Nothing else is happening down here.

A piece of rebar heads into the park.

More pink flowers I never noticed.

And that's about it for now...
By bgwfreak
Oh and I meant to say this before, but for those that think this is taking a long time consider that every time I'm at the park, something new has happened or is happening.

Today they are putting rebar in the ground, they weren't doing that last week.

So be patient people, these guys and gals know what they are doing.
By DaveVan
Rebar is a steel rod with lumps on it used to re-enforce concrete. It does not contain the concrete but is usually in the center of a support column or foundation. It gives the concrete shear strength. Forms will be created around the rebar and concrete poured.
By Davidtmp
Davidtmp wrote:Why does everyone seem to think footers are blocks of concrete set into the ground?? Is it the age factor? Just so you know, the footers are more than concrete. They lay rebar as well for strength, and pour the concrete into the hole over that. If you notice on the KD fansite, the long wire cylinder looking things are for that as well. Same thing is used when building bridges, if you run across one on your travels.
When the footer process begins, you will see a load of rebar come in first. Go check out the Cobra page and you will see what I mean. http://carolinacobra.carowinds.com/public/gallery/index.cfm?gallery_directory=construction&startRow=31&maxRow=15
The boxes we see now are for drainage, and the pipes are attached to the boxes to lead the water where they want it to go. Whether these are for the splash down, we'll see. My hunch says yes.

Reading is fundamental.
Coaster Punk wrote:So things are really about to pick up then I exspect??????????????? :P

Can I get a translator please...
I just came back from the park and things are really kicking into gear! Plus, three gentlemen in blue shirts and white hard hat were point at the machine pushing rebar into the ground and looked important so yeah. Pictures will come as soon as I upload. My update wont be as good but at least it's something :lol:
coasterbruh wrote:
Coaster Punk wrote:So things are really about to pick up then I exspect??????????????? :P

Can I get a translator please...

Dang... nobody on the internet knows a thing about grammar anymore. whatever 'grammar' is.... hmm...
-So things are really about to pick up, then, I expect.
or -I guess things are really about to pick up, then!
U KNEW WHAT I MENT TO SAY! GEEZ I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS COLLEGE PREP!

what he meant to say...

You know what I meant to say! Geez! I didn't know this was college prep.
By Davidtmp
Coaster Punk wrote:U KNEW WHAT I MENT TO SAY! GEEZ I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS COLLEGE PREP!

It isn't college prep, it is life. You guys just seem to prove that the schooling people are getting sucks!!
Besides, spelling and grammer are in the Rules of the Forums:
5. Grammar and Spelling: You are expected to make a concerted effort to use correct spelling and grammar on this website. This include proper capitalization and punctuation. Many browsers have built-in functionality that will check this for you. Firefox is the recommended browser of this site, and has such functionality. Internet chat shorthand (“r u going 2 the park today?”) is not permitted here, nor is slang.

Dude, I've been knocked at work because of "the Tone of my email". We only point out your grammer and spelling to help you, really. Don't take offense, just strive to do better, it will take you far in life.