General Carowinds discussion
Chris wrote:
Jackalope1217 wrote:why are we arguing over a stupid word

I didn't see any arguing. I saw a discussion happening on a discussion board until people started escalating it. :think: Even then, it didn't seem like an argument to me.

fonzlinney wrote:
Rabidfrog wrote:.

I agree footing is the technical term, but if you google “concrete footer” pretty much all of the results are what we are talking about #thanksforwaiting

ANYWHO - Are there enough concrete and rebar footerings to see if the layout matches up yet?

HA GREAT COMEBACK!!! Unbelievable how some people can get so bent out of shape over a word. Meanwhile I’m sure someone at some point will measure up the footerings(lol!) to see if they Match up with the leaked layout that’s going around. So excited for this new coaster and it’s footer,footings or Footerings.

You seem to be the one taking this to the next level. Edwardo was merely making a point. Why is everyone attacking him?

Because it's not that serious. It's like having to be forced to say "soda" because this is a discussion board based on a southern park and anyone not being able to use the word "pop" should be excluded or not say a word, when in reality I'm pretty sure everyone on this chat knows that these words mean the exact same thing.
Chris I’ve often noted that people on her tend to think a discussion with a dissenting side is an attack. Esp when someone is trying to impart some knowledge.

But, then, I’m usually correct ;-)

Edit: soda and pop are the same thing. Footers and footings aren’t...
I try to stay out of ‘heated discussions’ like this but I will say that “Footer” is the generally preferred and used enthusiast term regardless of if it is grammatically correct.

Thrill Capture wrote:Because it's not that serious. It's like having to be forced to say "soda" because this is a discussion board based on a southern park and anyone not being able to use the word "pop" should be excluded or not say a word, when in reality I'm pretty sure everyone on this chat knows that these words mean the exact same thing.

As Edwardo already pointed out, soda and pop and the same thing so that is a terrible example.

Hiveminded wrote:I try to stay out of ‘heated discussions’ like this but I will say that “Footer” is the generally preferred and used enthusiast term regardless of if it is grammatically correct.

8B00E1E9-82E3-4BE4-86AB-2E1B87DD7C29.jpeg
B70DAAA5-F93B-4378-9F49-0DFBD994F733.jpeg

And Edwardo is hoping to get that corrected. Search for 'trim breaks' and you will see over 20 people who do not know which 'break/brake' to use. Just because a group of people incorrectly use a word does not mean we should continue to incorrectly use the word. Edwardo was trying to help drop some knowledge so those screenshots you took will slowly start reflecting the correct term. As I see it, Edwardo is trying to make sure the enthusiast community doesn't look ignorant when it comes to using the proper terms. If everyone wants to flip that to mean that he's "trying to start an argument", then isn't it really you that is starting the argument?
Apparently a few of the big coaster youtubers might be touring the Mack Rides factory tomorrow, so maybe we’ll see our track being manufactured? How far in advance is coaster track manufactured before vertical construction?
tarheel1231 wrote:Apparently a few of the big coaster youtubers might be touring the Mack Rides factory tomorrow, so maybe we’ll see our track being manufactured? How far in advance is coaster track manufactured before vertical construction?

I would think our track/supports are well on their way of being manufactured. Just look at the track for Canada’s wonderlands coaster. It is already in production, and has been for a while now. Same situation with Fury about 4 years ago. The track was already being manufactured at this time. And you also have to take into consideration, our new coaster is coming from Germany (not Ohio like Fury) which means they have to ship it over seas. They have to take all of that into account with the project.

So that being said, if they are touring the Mack facility, I’m sure they’ll see our coasters track (or maybe supports) in there somewhere.
Chris wrote:
Jackalope1217 wrote:why are we arguing over a stupid word

I didn't see any arguing. I saw a discussion happening on a discussion board until people started escalating it. :think: Even then, it didn't seem like an argument to me.

fonzlinney wrote:
Rabidfrog wrote:.

I agree footing is the technical term, but if you google “concrete footer” pretty much all of the results are what we are talking about #thanksforwaiting

ANYWHO - Are there enough concrete and rebar footerings to see if the layout matches up yet?

HA GREAT COMEBACK!!! Unbelievable how some people can get so bent out of shape over a word. Meanwhile I’m sure someone at some point will measure up the footerings(lol!) to see if they Match up with the leaked layout that’s going around. So excited for this new coaster and it’s footer,footings or Footerings.

You seem to be the one taking this to the next level. Edwardo was merely making a point. Why is everyone attacking him?
. You are entitled to your opinion and I wasn’t the only one who thought it was stupid sounds like to me you and Edwardo are two peas in a pod . Now take this to another level.
I think you need to look up the definition of opinion. It is a verifiable fact that the correct term is footing.

“Edwardo was trying to help drop some knowledge so those screenshots you took will slowly start reflecting the correct term. As I see it, Edwardo is trying to make sure the enthusiast community doesn't look ignorant when it comes to using the proper terms.”

QFT

Also, again this isn’t a Grammat issue. It’s a vocabulary issue.
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:I'll be interested in seeing any new pics of footers or drilling or anything. Looking forward to the report and trying to match it to what people think is the layout.

I was just up in sky tower looks like there’s an area where they seem to be putting in more footings/ footers. A bit more action on the site. Very exciting!!
tarheel1231 wrote:Apparently a few of the big coaster youtubers might be touring the Mack Rides factory tomorrow, so maybe we’ll see our track being manufactured? How far in advance is coaster track manufactured before vertical construction?
. I would love to see some pictures of that and also it’s going to be interesting to see how soon the track will get here.