Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Screamscape reported last season they were poking holes in the sections of the mountain, I think both are gonna go away. Taking out the mountain will also make removing the coaster easier.

It sucks to hear but between the poor capacity and reliability it was coming sooner rather than later.
It was my first Intamin. :(
It was also my favorite coaster at KD (I hadn't been since before i305 was built). I hate I hadn't made it back in recent years. It's like Big Bad Wolf all over again. I'll live however. At least I got to say goodbye to Thunder Road before it closed. I won't go on about something out of my control...lol
I’m upset but not surprised. I went to KD for the first time last April, and thankfully got a couple of rides on it before it closed for the season. Very unique ride.

If I had to guess, I would say the volcano itself is leaving too. I heard it has structural issues, so wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it leaves. I won’t be surprised either way though.
By Capler
IMO, historically Kings Dominion has always been the better park when compared to Carowinds. Over the past decade that gap has narrowed with the upgrades Cedar Fair has made to our park. I still considered Dominion to be slightly better for one reason, and that reason was Volcano The Blast Coaster. I'm very sad to see it go. It was such a fun, unique experience.
By gabed
Got to ride it in 2015&16 and absolutely loved it. One of the most unique coasters I’ve ever had the chance to ride, not to mention how well executed the theming was for the ride.

I guess this should have been obvious with the ride being SBNO for nearly the entirety of last season. Regardless I really hate it for them, that was a one of a kind coaster.
KD is like my home-away-from-home park. Volcano was also my first Intimin and first launch. I've literally just been playing the sound of the launch over and over in my head.

I'm so thankful that I got a couple (unknown at the time) final rides in last May when we went for Twisted Timbers. I'm going to miss it a ton! I honestly think that a B&M invert is the logical next option for the park. It'll fill the invert void (to the GP at least) and even when Volcano, I've always thought that it was an unfilled void in the park.
This does make me sad, as I did not ride this on my trip to KD. It was closed as usual. I heard from many that this ride was truly amazing. shame that it's closed. My question is- why didn't KD just call in intamin to do a full retrack of the ride, and especially, update the launch technology? Like, why tear it down when you can just replace the launch tech and the rest of the track? ALSO: I do not think a B&M invert will do here. I think that belongs on the other side of the park near Grizzly. I would like a Mack/Intamin/Vekoma/Gerstlauer Launch coaster to come to the area and hopefully use the mountain like volcano did. Just my thoughts.