Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By RiDeWaRrIoR
From dollywood.com...

Current Notifications
Lightning Rod is closed today. Rocky Mountain Construction ordered all of its roller coasters closed until further notice as a recalled mechanical part is replaced. Please watch for updates.

Just FYI in case anyone is going to Dollywood or anywhere specifically for a RMC coaster....
By swampfox43
The particular part that broke this past Wed. was a flywheel located somewhere in the station. According to what we were told, it is used to help push the train out of the station. They had a new one overnighted, and LR opened the next day around 11:30am.
I wonder if it was the same thing again?
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Kolmarden has delayed the opening of wildfire due to the recall. Seems to be a part within the trains. Kentucky Kingdom confirmed storm chaser is not affected. Apparently six flags didnt know about it and is looking into it. Im assuming most rides were not affected by this?
By Edwardo
If it is a train issue, NTG and IR both have Gerstlauer trains and not the newer RMC rolling stock.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Dollywood has updated the message on their site: Lightning Rod is closed today. Rocky Mountain Construction ordered the roller coaster closed until further notice as a recalled mechanical part is replaced.

There is also a picture of what appears to be the brake run on the coaster smoking. Not sure if its just someone welding something, or if something actually caught on fire....
By carolinaman
I seen this on Instagram
Attachments
By RiDeWaRrIoR
It is the launch, sorry. Seems it was an engine that overheated. I also read that overheating was the reason for the delay in opening....not sure if this is true or not. Pete Owens did confirm it was an engine overheating.