Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By tarheel1231
^There is. But I'll do this before it gets moved into the speculation thread. :D

I don't think Kings Dominion is getting a rollercoaster in 2017. Which will make the fanboys even more bitter. :twisted: I'd expect some sort of EA attraction in their Action Theater. Oh, and I forgot, they're probably renovating Hurler.

Canada's Wonderland is probably going to get a Splashworks Expansion. Probably a new slide complex like the Whitewater one going around the chain. I think Minebuster is going to get the axe.

Cedar Point cleared all that Challenge Park land, and I think Ripcord is going to be moved inside the park. So I think a Soak City expansion is obvious. I can see them removing the separate admission into the water park.

We know that Knotts is getting a Soak City expansion. A hotel renovation has also been speculated for 2017.

Worlds of Fun is getting two of the European flats, and I think they're going to work a dark ride into that expansion.

CGA's Vortex is probably going to go floorless as well.

Kings Island is probably getting the only major coaster in the chain.

Valleyfair might be removing Excalibur to expand their Soak City.

Dorney Park and Michigan's Adventure are anyone's guess.
By coasterbruh
CoasterGamer75 wrote:we all know that 2017 will be a very big year in 2017, and the rumors are swirling, I'm going to talk mainly about the 5 flagship parks, Canada's wonderland, kings dominion, carowinds, kings island, and cedar point. I will also talk a little about the other parks. Canada's wonderland: people are rumoring this to have a wing coaster, but with all the other rumors going on, I would say they will get a family ride expansion, and the wing coaster will have to wait till 2018 or 2019.
kings dominion: people have been waiting for a roller coaster at kings dominion for 7 years!! they should be getting one in 2017, I will be rumoring them having and b&m wingrider, especially with the wing rider track at the b&m site.
carowinds: people have been rumoring them to have 5 classic rides, but recently carowinds released a teaser saying, there is more to the story, I rumor a floorless vortex.
kings island: it pretty obvious that they are getting a gci woodie so that's that.
cedar point: people have been rumoring a rmc retrack of mean streak, and I think that would be great, but also remember It might have a gci retrack, so it will be one or the other because they put down red marks on the footers, which is proof.
things I know about the smaller parks:
worlds of fun: two classic rides
California's great America: possible floorless vortex
Michigan's adventure: nothing lol

Oh goody! Another wish list . . .
By Jarsh
Edwardo wrote:There's at least one other new coaster unless it's been moved to 2018 instead (and a removal which we could see starting soon) but I've yet to see any leaks or mentions online so that's about as much as I can say.

If the one your thinking that's been moved to 2018 is the one I'm thinking of, it's still on for 2017 - they've already signed the contract for it. And we should start seeing clearing real soon I would think. The "removal" one can probably wait a little longer in the season before starting, but I don't think it'll make it to the end of the season operationally.
By CoasterGamer75
a lot happened from the last post to now, s I will give you guys a different opinion. :) . kings island is announcing their new ride in a few days, that opinion stays the same, cedar point probably will get a gci re-track, kings dominion might still get a new coaster, carowinds might get a pretty big expansion do to the way they are teasing, but no new coaster except for the chance of a floorless vortex, Canada's wonderland might get a water parks expansion.
By coasterbruh
Jarsh wrote:
Edwardo wrote:There's at least one other new coaster unless it's been moved to 2018 instead (and a removal which we could see starting soon) but I've yet to see any leaks or mentions online so that's about as much as I can say.

If the one your thinking that's been moved to 2018 is the one I'm thinking of, it's still on for 2017 - they've already signed the contract for it. And we should start seeing clearing real soon I would think. The "removal" one can probably wait a little longer in the season before starting, but I don't think it'll make it to the end of the season operationally.

Longer in the season . . . like after october? I need the credit!!!!!!! :thumbup:
By Axel
Kings Island

After months of speculation by our guests, on social media and in the news media, the wait is almost over. Join us tomorrow (July 28) for a major announcement as we unveil what's lurking in the woods at 10 p.m. You don't want to miss it! Park admission required.

Watch Live: Tonight's highly-anticipated NEW FOR 2017 announcement will be streamed live. Details: https://t.co/IUSQ53z6Zu

By coasterbruh
I wonder why the count down clock on their website leads to 1030?
By Deere839
Cedar Point: 3 drop pods and 3 tubes and relocation of the sky coaster to shoots the rapids and mean streak rehaul by gci
Kings Island:Mystic Timbers and battle field ride in action theater
Canada's Wonderland:4 drop pods slides
Knotts Berry Farm:4 drop pods 2 tubes and a Python
Worlds of Fun:Troika, condor,disco coaster
Dorney Park:dark ride
Kings dominion:action theater need for speed ride and hurler retrack
Carowinds: Troika, Breakdance, Music Express, Top Scan, Wave Swinger,skyroller,disco coaster, revolution, and python slide
California's Great America:stand up to floodless
Valleyfair:snoopy expansion
Michigan's Adventure:planet snoopy expansion
By coasterbruh
Edwardo wrote:Star Flyer is a BETTER model by another company (Funtime?).

Fix that for ya . . .
By tarheel1231
Our buddy Mike is teasing Dorney Park's 2017 attraction:
By coasterbruh
You do know capital doesn't always mean rides . . .