Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
Might as well go ahead and get this started for what may be the most exciting project for 2016 in the south.

Screamscape and others report that Herschend filed a trademark on March 19 for "Shot Rod", the description of which is "Entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride, namely, a roller coaster with a classic car theme."

This lends credence to the rumors of a launched RMC (possibly even dueling), which is also supported by the teaser video Dollywood showed at Winter Warm Up and other events.

Construction is already underway in the Jukebox Junction section of the park and there are flags on trees all the way to the top of the mountain directly west of the area across from the service road.

By Edwardo
I'm excited. Really excited. The park has never had a bad addition.
By tarheel1231
The theme park industry has been kind to the south lately. I can't wait to see what this addition is. And we practically know nothing about it!
By coasterbruh
^ speak for yourself... :wink:

Edwardo wrote:I'm excited. Really excited. The park has never had a bad addition.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

A solid RMC cost about 10M, TWO good, solid RMC's would cost about 20M... :thumbup: :shh:

And they waster no time getting rid of the gas station. This was it just a week ago...
By Edwardo
As rides go, I thought that was a good family ride, very well themed. I can't help it that it was a lemon ;-).
By RollerBee
Here is a thought, could they be adding another section to the park in addition to a coaster? Interesting that Rockin Rockway has so many problems like Carowinds' Road Rally was a similar model to it, I never heard of Road Rally having many problems except for roadkill. Dollywood is really in the middle of a coaster explosion. I wonder if they will ever do anything with the house up on the hill.
By coasterbruh
Clearly not enough space for a new section...
By Jarsh
There will be no "speculating" from me, lol!
By Jonathan
A new section wouldn't make sense anyway since the ride is going to be themed to the existing section.
By tarheel1231
Screamscape thinks this will be an RMC launched woodie. I figured the coaster would be made by either RMC or Mack. I know it's still a rumor, but RMC did say they would be unveiling two new wooden coaster technologies soon, so I think Dollywood could be one of the parks to receive whatever they're doing next year.
By Jonathan
Screamscape has been incredibly late to pick up on rumors lately. The launched RMC buzz has been going around for a long time now.
By coasterbruh

:thumbup: :thumbup: