Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By Chris
<a href='http://www.centralcarolinafair.com/' target='_blank'>CentralCarolinaFair.com/</a>

I just thought I would give everyone the heads up. Central Carolina Fair is celebrating 109 years!!! Come check it out.
By RollerBee
Sounds like the same rides as last year for the most part. I look foreward to going!
By Chris
I can't find the hight restrictions anywhere. Am I missing them?
By bgwfreak
Do they have any coasters?

The site doesn't say if they do.
By RollerBee
Yes, the Dragon Wagon Kiddy coaster.
By bgwfreak
thx I'll pass. lol
By Shooting Star
The Davidson County Agricultural Fair is running this week in Lexington, NC (Sept. 17 - 23). I went tonight (Monday, opening night), it was a great experience. Reithoffer Shows is providing the midway here too. The only downside was that they were not finished setting up the Super Himalaya and the huge ferris wheel. I did get to watch the guys putting them up this evening as the fair was going strong around them, which was strange. Other than that, a wonderful evening. The Davidson County Ag Fair is a great old fashioned county fair, and one of the best in the Piedmont area in my opinion. Great exhibits, lots of livestock, and some great food at the civic club booths! A VERY big crowd in attendance for a Monday night as well! The star of the midway seemed to be Reithoffer's "Freak Out", which had long lines the entire evening. The fireworks display was spectacular. Admission is $6.00 for adults, with plenty of free parking. Easy access too, off Business Loop I-85 in Lexington, near the Waffle House. Great looking equipment as well, all the rides were clean, nicely painted, and seemed to be working great. If you are in the area and want to check out a good old fashioned county fair, you can't go wrong with this one. Other major rides included the old standard Scrambler, a Zipper, Tornado, Ring of Fire (Super Loop), and Orbiter. Reithoffer used to bring a Sky Wheel to this fair, but I haven't seen it in several years. I miss seeing them at the fairs, perhaps they have gotten rid of theirs. They seem to be rare these days.
By RollerBee
Shooting Star wrote: The Davidson County Agricultural Fair is running this week in Lexington, NC (Sept. 17 - 23).  I went tonight (Monday, opening night), it was a great experience.  Reithoffer Shows is providing the midway here too.  The only downside was that they were not finished setting up the Super Himalaya and the huge ferris wheel.  I did get to watch the guys putting them up this evening as the fair was going strong around them, which was strange.  Other than that, a wonderful evening.  The Davidson County Ag Fair is a great old fashioned county fair, and one of the best in the Piedmont area in my opinion.  Great exhibits, lots of livestock, and some great food at the civic club booths!  A VERY big crowd in attendance for a Monday night as well!  The star of the midway seemed to be Reithoffer's "Freak Out", which had long lines the entire evening.  The fireworks display was spectacular.  Admission is $6.00 for adults, with plenty of free parking.  Easy access too, off Business Loop I-85 in Lexington, near the Waffle House.  Great looking equipment as well, all the rides were clean, nicely painted, and seemed to be working great.  If you are in the area and want to check out a good old fashioned county fair, you can't go wrong with this one.  Other major rides included the old standard Scrambler, a Zipper, Tornado, Ring of Fire (Super Loop), and Orbiter.  Reithoffer used to bring a Sky Wheel to this fair, but I haven't seen it in several years.  I miss seeing them at the fairs, perhaps they have gotten rid of theirs.  They seem to be rare these days.

I was there yesterday too. Normally they only have one ride closed the first day. Yesterday, they had 6 down including two that had been sitting there for a week and a half. I drive by the fairgrounds almost everyday so I was always looking for the rides to arrive around my birthday. The fair is the only thing to do in Lexington.
By RollerBee
Sorry Jay, I am broke! I wish I could come, but I have to invest in something.
By Jay
Ok I'm not doing this tonight, I too am broke, and pretty tired. Still tomorrow and Sunday but it will be unlikely I am able to remove myself from the TV with football on. So *shrugs* :huh:. Did anyone ever go?

Dixie Classic Fair starts September 28th though.. so definitely not missing that one.
By Shooting Star
JamminJ wrote:
Dixie Classic Fair starts September 28th though.. so definitely not missing that one.

I always attend the Dixie Classic Fair! I've always enjoyed Strates Shows, they have quite an array of flat rides. Still miss them at the NC State Fair!