Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By swampfox43
The rankings are based on popularity among travelers and input from editors of http://www.tripadvisor.com

I know most people will not agree with this poll but I am still glad to see Family Kingdom getting some recognition. ;) I think Knoebel's should at least be in the top 10 and seeing Ober Gatlinburg at #8, above Carowinds, really has me scratching my head....

<a href='http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/business/story/148341.html' target='_blank'>ARTICLE</a>
By Jonathan
Hahaha I saw that earlier this afternoon. Apparently I need to stop going to Dollywood and just go to Ober Gatlinburg instead.
By bgwfreak
That list is uh...I'm at a loss for words.
By LocoDriver
I was at Family Kingdom last night. I must admit, this was my first trip ever to the park. I always thought that it was a lot smaller than the Pavilion and never really considered going there.

Now with the Pavilion gone I thought that it was way past time for me and my family to give it a try. We had a great time and I see why it's called FAMILY Kingdom. Really caters to the family. Anyway, one negative thing was the way that the place smelled. It smelled to me like it was sitting on top of a trash dump. Is this always the case there? It seemed as if there were several locations around the park that this awful stinch was lingering. Anyone else ever notice?
By swampfox43
LocoDriver wrote: It seemed as if there were several locations around the park that this awful stinch was lingering. Anyone else ever notice?

I have never noticed that in all my years going there. It always smelled like hot dogs & cotton candy to me. I wonder if it was coming from the small tributary running through the park. No dead bodies floating around in there huh? :o

How'd you like Swamp Fox?
By Footballteen58
I went earlier this year, rode swamp fox then left. The planes kiddie ride annoyed the hell out of me while in line for the front of swamp fox which only had ONE train running. I would of liked to stay longer and ride some other rides buy my pops wouldnt let me.

Seriously FAMILY KINGDOM? #5?

drunks.....
By Jonathan
There is only one train for Swamp Fox.
By Footballteen58
There was a second train sitting in the station.
By Jonathan
That is the old train I believe. It doesn't run anymore. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's really feasible for Swamp Fox to run two trains since it has skid brakes. Also, I've never seen a line for it ever.
By Footballteen58
There was a line when I went. But of course i wait for the front. And i have to say compared to pavillion FK is really ghetto with its pink buildings, scary clown faces, asphalt, and malaria river.
By MarkD
Man...cracking on FK? loosers. ;)

I have always prefered FK to the Pavillion mainly because of the owners. Plus the fact they took the time to rebuild Swampy instead of tearing it down. I went there everyday and spent my lunch hour watching them repair it and when it finally opened, long before I was an ACEr, I got my rides in abundance.

How it ranks at number 5 is a mystery but it is a fun little place.
By montumax
You mean that old dump got that high of a ranking! The nerve! (sarcasm there)
By bgwfreak
FK has it's own style of charm and I love Swampy. I actually prefer it to a certain racing coaster at a certain park that shall remain nameless.
By LocoDriver
swampfox43 wrote:
LocoDriver wrote: It seemed as if there were several locations around the park that this awful stinch was lingering.  Anyone else ever notice?

I have never noticed that in all my years going there. It always smelled like hot dogs & cotton candy to me. I wonder if it was coming from the small tributary running through the park. No dead bodies floating around in there huh? :o

How'd you like Swamp Fox?

I don't know if it was the little swamp/creek running through the park or what, but it was definitely noticeable to my family. I didn't get a chance to ride the Swamp Fox. I made it to the top of the station after about a 15 minute wait, just to find out that my nephew was one inch short (51in) to ride the damn thing. I hated to send him back and ride without him, so we just left together. By the way, they had the blue train running, with the red one just sitting there on the secondary track.