Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By swampfox43
Just saw on the news that 40 people were stranded on the chairlift at Ghost Town. Not exactly sure of the circumstances but they said the ride lost power somehow.
By extreme
I just saw it too. lol. I cant believe the luck on that one. The ghost is still haunting it.
By swampfox43
<a href='http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/217639.html' target='_blank'>article</a>

it appears lightning was the cause of the outage.

BTW, was this a new chairlift or was the old one refurbished? I know the support columns are new but not sure whether the cars and motors are.

The article made it sound like it was the same "troublesome" chairlift from previous years.
:huh:
By bgwfreak
I don't know what map site they used, it is only 2.5 hours or so to Maggie Valley! They put 4 hours! lol
By extreme
I know they replaced a lot of the parts. I thought the seats and motor but im not sure.
By extreme
swampfox, just wanted to let you know that i read an article that stated that all components were replaced except for the towers.
By chargercrazy
Looks like Ghost Town needs to invest in some EDGs.