Everything else goes here, including discussion of parks outside of Carowinds and any off-topic discussion
By pproteinc
Tawny71 and MarkD I'm definitely interested if you all go I'll happily meet you there. I typically go 2-4 times a year since is a day trip for me I love driving thru the mountains lol. Just post when you are going.
By Tawny71
I went to the event in November last year, and it was awesome! MarkD, it will be well worth the wait! Especially since it looks like there will be some sort of construction tour this year… I will tell you that if it's cold that morning, it can cut into the ERT, but they did right by us and called an audible by opening Blazing Fury early when it was too cold to do Firechaser Express. It was really a great day.

Pproteinc…I think I'm gonna exchange my day pass they gave us at WWU for credit toward a season pass, so I'm sure I'll be up for more than one trip this year! I'll let you know if I get a trip planned for it! I love me some Dollywood!
By cwgator
I really enjoyed Dollywood when I went last March for my birthday. It was my first time. That's crazy since I lived in Charlotte my first 39 years and have even been in that area a few times. Shame on me...lol I don't think I'll make it there this season even though I'm coming to Charlotte in June. I just won't have time in our schedule for it. Plus I think I want to wait and see what 2016 has in store. I think you'll enjoy yourself. Just be sure to get some Cinnamon Bread....I missed out and didn't and now I hate myself for it...lol
By FamousAmos
I think that 2016 will include a new coaster. Pete said that the new parking lot will be to the north of Thunderhead. "But it may not always be a parking lot, it's a parking lot right now though."
By Jarsh
It will be a parking lot for 2016 and possibly 2017 depending on when they decide to pull the trigger for the next big thing.

Helpful Idea: For those of you who got the free Dollywood ticket at WWU - If you are only going to go to Dollywood once this year and don't want to buy a 2015 season pass, use the ticket for our ACE event in November and then upgrade that to a 2016 season pass.

You would register for the ACE event at the season pass rate, use the ticket to get into the park for the event, and the upgrade that same ticket to a 2016 season pass at the processing center. That way you get to experience an ACE event (during Christmas!) and everything that comes along with it as well as get a season pass for the 2016 coaster at a sharp discount.
By pproteinc
Tawny71 wrote:I went to the event in November last year, and it was awesome! MarkD, it will be well worth the wait! Especially since it looks like there will be some sort of construction tour this year… I will tell you that if it's cold that morning, it can cut into the ERT, but they did right by us and called an audible by opening Blazing Fury early when it was too cold to do Firechaser Express. It was really a great day.

Pproteinc…I think I'm gonna exchange my day pass they gave us at WWU for credit toward a season pass, so I'm sure I'll be up for more than one trip this year! I'll let you know if I get a trip planned for it! I love me some Dollywood!

YES!!! Dollywood ROCKS!!! I just love the food more than anything lol
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I got a season pass for this year and since we got free ticket at winter warm up, I will definitely go and hopefully take my kids! I really enjoy the ACE event in November. I went to a Coaster Crew even last December and had a lot of fun as well. Not sure when I will be going this year, I would love to actually go in the summer and get to go to Splash, I always end up going in novemeber or december it seems..
By intaminboy
Jarsh wrote:I was implying that if this new rumor is true, then I won't have any complaints. Heck, if the old rumor was true I would not have complained either, lol.

Honestly, if I hear that Dollywood is adding a new coaster (of any size) I'm happy because I know they will do it correctly. Not that other parks don't; Cedar Fair is doing well with it's additions to Carowinds lately, but you know you're gonna get the whole package (ride/themeing/etc) versus a parking lot coaster.

I'm sorry, but I have been out of the loop. What is this new rumor?
By coasterbruh
Does anyone know how much the free ticket will take off the season pass price?
By Jarsh
I believe it was a $40 credit.
By Sharebear010
My sister and I are actually planning our trip June 16-18. I haven't been since opening year of Daredevil Falls. lol
By Chris
Anyone want to sell their free Dollywood ticket they got at WWU? Looking to make my first trip there in July with a friend so I'll be looking for two tickets. We're also going on a weekend, unfortunately. Will the 'Time Saver' be a good idea?