General Carowinds discussion
By coasterbruh
gabed wrote:As much as I wanted to see that plot of land go to a coaster, that would be a nice addition to the park. Kings Island's was very pretty and while I did not ride it myself it was fairly popular with younger audiences.

I feel both could happen. They can prep it for a coaster while building the cars next year
By coasterbruh
2021 may have already been planned and paid for. Might not see anything in 22 but it would be billed as an off year since the side would be "new". Should know something in the coming weeks.
Isn't it that normally announcements for the next year come out on national roller coaster day? If so then we are already a few weeks late and it makes me wonder if Cedar Fair will be adding anything new next year.
By coasterbruh
There is no normal to when they make an announcement. But they made an announcement, new mat racer slides coming summer 2021. The last thing on most people's minds is what is carowinds getting next year anyway. . .
2020 really changed a lot of things. I've heard that they could delay plans a year, continue with already planned attractions, or even push forward their investments to boost attendance. Cedar Fair does have a sizable amount in savings for park investment, so I'm curious to see exactly how they'll handle reopening next year.
By carolinaman
I can see some cars going in that plot of land and I doubt it will take up all of it. Any word or rumors of RRR?? And I agree Coasterbruh, they can prep for a coaster while building the track for the cars. They already know what the plans are for several years out, BUT plans can and do change.
By coasterbruh
SpongeGarFweeFwee wrote:2020 really changed a lot of things. I've heard that they could delay plans a year, continue with already planned attractions, or even push forward their investments to boost attendance. Cedar Fair does have a sizable amount in savings for park investment, so I'm curious to see exactly how they'll handle reopening next year.

The park is in a good place as the new attraction is one that is sought after and will boost attendance. They can not add anything and still have a good year next year with the new slides. Focus on in park offerings that will get people to make multi visits and i see a successful year.