General Carowinds discussion
By Carowindsman
So it seems the park is getting full as far as what we have now. There is pretty much two options if we want the park to update.

1. Start removing older rides and make for new additions
2. Start expanding out further into the parking lot and all.

I am happy with all the additions we have added but if we are going to want the latest and greatest it may be close to time that some of the older rides will have to be removed to improve the park.

Just my two cents.

What are your thoughts
By Cameron
Not just yet. I see alot of unused space to last easily another 10 years of additions without removing anything. 2 of those areas are large enough for coasters.
Last edited by Cameron on September 11th, 2018, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dirkdiggler1992
Has the park not been doing this for like the past 10 years? Expanding outside the current boundaries of the physical park or replacing former attractions is what parks do. I’m all for aggressive removals if it means better upgrades for the park.
By Cameron
Just a few of the open areas.

Rapids could go through a massive remodel and new layout and be introduced as a new ride.

Re-doing hurler too is another years investment without removing or expanding.
Attachments
By Cameron
Forgot one.
Attachments
By RollerBee
The park needs some green space that is just trees and walkways.

As far as putting anything in the center of the railroad...
Unless you remove the railroad, that area ain’t big enough for much.

While I am on the topic of the railroad....
If the space were to be used there other spaces in the park where the railroad could go and be expanded.
By dirkdiggler1992
Don’t touch that shaded path to Afterburn, it’s one of my favorite paths in the park.

As far as replacing attractions:

I actually like goldrusher but drawing a big red circle was easier.
By Cameron
Mine too but I'd be willing to bet it won't be there long. Decent size of real estate they could drop a flat.
By tarheel1231
Y’all may not like Nighthawk but it’s probably here to stay. It’s still one of the park’s premier attractions a la the “Big 3” (soon to be 4).

Vortex I could maybe see going, but conversion is more likely than anything. Before we get into the “too small for Carowinds” argument, may I remind you that Copperhead Strike is shorter than both Vortex and Hurler.

Goldrusher is probably safe, it’s a decent family attraction despite the height requirement.

I don’t see anything in the center of the park being removed, at least not within the next ten years.
By ThatCoasterNerd
tarheel1231 wrote:Y’all may not like Nighthawk but it’s probably here to stay. It’s still one of the park’s premier attractions a la the “Big 3” (soon to be 4).

Vortex I could maybe see going, but conversion is more likely than anything. Before we get into the “too small for Carowinds” argument, may I remind you that Copperhead Strike is shorter than both Vortex and Hurler.

Goldrusher is probably safe, it’s a decent family attraction despite the height requirement.

I don’t see anything in the center of the park being removed, at least not within the next ten years.

If you consider Nighthawk part of the the “Big 3” what are the other two? If anything it would be the “Big 4”, soon to be “Big 5”
By tarheel1231
I guess I worded it awkwardly. Big 3 are Fury, Afterburn, and Intimidator, but Nighthawk is still up there in terms up popularity.

At any rate I don’t think it’s on the way out.
By Justin
tarheel1231 wrote:Y’all may not like Nighthawk but it’s probably here to stay. It’s still one of the park’s premier attractions a la the “Big 3” (soon to be 4).

Vortex is 2,040 LF and Hurler is 3,157 LF, which are less track length than Copperhead Strike.
By tarheel1231
Well yeah, it'll still be the third longest coaster in the park, but the point is that a coaster at the park doesn't have to be huge and imposing. If the park can market it, they'll do it.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
I say rip out RRR and remove the paladium and you got a nice plot of land for something good :thumbup: I know this is highly unlikely (at the the paladium part....)
By coasterbruh
Great, another wish list thread . . .

And that article that states the park is running low on space grossly misquoted Steve. The park is not running low on space at all.