General Carowinds discussion
3 drills are now drilling, and there are 2 cranes now as well. The "hole" that was being dug is filled in.... They are now digging a hole behind the bumper cars. I am assuming they are burying the concrete pipes, but now sure. Videos and pictures www.facebook.com/carowindsfansonly.
uscbandfan wrote:<ignoring the last two posts>

Spied a cement truck in the Snoopy cam feed headed toward "Alpha". Suppose they're pouring footers? Anyone have any eyeballs on the actual site?

There was one leaving this morning at around 10am when we parked at the waterpark. There is a footer poured, likely a few of them, but very hard to tell. You can see it from Windseeker fairly desent..

Sorry for a double post :thumbup:
Grobble wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Not a fan of lockers at all. I think its ridiculous to have to pay, luckily I havent had to buy one for a long time for Fury. They should at least give you some time for free, or maybe a year long "locker pass" option. Really doesnt make sense though with Fury being the only ride with lockers as of now. Dont understand why a bin cant be used like every other ride in the park, I dont think it slows anything down at all IMO, but I guess they have their reasons for it and it is what it is. I do believe the new coaster will likely have them as well.

It's not all ridiculous if you come to the park to actually want to ride things. Bins add an extra 20 or more seconds to ever dispatch for people to store things and then the congestion of new riders and old riders at the bins. On major rides that time adds up. Lockers improve efficiency and give a benefit of a little extra revenue. Every person over 12 doesn't need a bad, which is the case at many non CF parks. The locker policy on big rides makes people think twice about bringing all this extra stuff to the park. Not to mention the bags slow down park entry b/c security has to go thru them. The less bags the better!

Obviously I’m opening myself up to theft, but for the past 5 years I have been going into the water park first. Dropping my towel and my bag full of stuff and just leaving it there on a chair. I take my keys, wallet and phone in my pocket. I usually try to sit beside a family so people just assume I’m part of a group. I will periodically return to drink water or get in the wave pool.

I’m not exactly recommending this to anyone but it works fantastic for me. Although I do find it hard to believe I’m the only one doing it. :P .

No lockers and I get to bring everything I want in.
I always leave my stuff in the water park as well but in the summer i mainly stay in the water park anyway but occasionally drop my things off at a chair at 10:30 and got out into the park, especially now with construction, but it gets hot really fast. When the water park isnt open, we usually have a book bag or something, mainly for drink cup, and we normally have kids with us so its easier. I do hope to see a reduced price for SP holders (like in the water park) or maybe the all season thing.
I’m kind of shocked you guys don’t know how backpacks come in handy at parks, Mainly for families. It carries vital objects like sunscreen, change of clothes, water if you can get past security, reusable cups, etc. I always bring my bag with kids, So do many other families. If it’s just yourself it’s less valuable to bring a bag, But with a family it’s more of a pro than a con.
fishels wrote:
Obviously I’m opening myself up to theft, but for the past 5 years I have been going into the water park first. Dropping my towel and my bag full of stuff and just leaving it there on a chair. I take my keys, wallet and phone in my pocket. I usually try to sit beside a family so people just assume I’m part of a group. I will periodically return to drink water or get in the wave pool.

I’m not exactly recommending this to anyone but it works fantastic for me. Although I do find it hard to believe I’m the only one doing it. :P .

You're definitely not the only one who does it this way. That's a pretty decent strategy being next to a larger group and I've done that before when it's just been a couple of us

I did return once to our spot and panicked when it was "gone", but it turned out I had walked to the wrong spot...when I found where I was supposed to be, our stuff was still there
cadi40 wrote:I’m kind of shocked you guys don’t know how backpacks come in handy at parks, Mainly for families. It carries vital objects like sunscreen, change of clothes, water if you can get past security, reusable cups, etc. I always bring my bag with kids, So do many other families. If it’s just yourself it’s less valuable to bring a bag, But with a family it’s more of a pro than a con.

Water is free to bring in. I love that now because I don’t have the drink plan and just have the dining plan because I think it’s useless. I have brought my bag only a couple of times when I am with family and friends. The reason why I love that water is free to bring in is because with the new camp snoopy bathrooms they added water fountains with censored water dispensers to refill items now I love that! I never thought that Carowinds would do that but now that they have it is amazing! No wonder they say it’s amazing in here lol.
You can also bring in water bottles and fill them up and all restaurants also give free water, you can request a big cup and normally they will let you have one. We always bring water bottles for the kiddos :)

Here are a few pictures from yesterday.
Attachments
2nd crane
3 drills
LoveMeSomePrunes wrote:
fishels wrote:

You're definitely not the only one who does it this way. That's a pretty decent strategy being next to a larger group and I've done that before when it's just been a couple of us

I did return once to our spot and panicked when it was "gone", but it turned out I had walked to the wrong spot...when I found where I was supposed to be, our stuff was still there

This so much Lol. Just make sure you never leave anything of significance there. If they really want to steal a pair of spare underwear and a few water bottles it won’t absolutely crush me XD.

So I have not been to the park this year. Have you guys heard the General public speculating on what they are doing over there clearing stuff out? Surely people take some notice.
I have had a couple people ask what they are building when I am taking pictures of the area, other than that, I don't really see people really interested or talking about what it could be.
Excited for Project Alpha. A launched coaster is much needed for Carowinds. I wonder when the teasers will begin? Probably formal announcement mid August. And doubtful Copperhead Strike will be the final name, but remains to be seen. Will follow developments here.
I know everything is pure speculation at this point.... I have never been on a Mack coaster like Blue Fire or Helix or Icon. Looking at the POV's, Helix definitely looks the best of the 3 by far (even though I know you can't really go by POV's) If this is a Mack multi-launch coaster, I hope it's at LEAST as good as Helix. Helix has a couple of pretty good drops though. I see no decent drops on the POV's people have made so far. Then again, maybe they can't make anything too high to reduce speed because of the inversions.