General Carowinds discussion
Just got back from the park a little bit ago. They were very busy today with their digging. I rode sky tower and got some aerial shots.

Here are a couple I took today, many more on my page. Love the aerial views, didnt ride the sky tower myself today so I didnt get any from above :D
Attachments
fonzlinney wrote:Haven’t had a chance to get to the park for a few days and it does seem odd after so many days in a row no one has posted anything about the construction for the coaster in the past 4or5 days on this post

I was there Monday and not much had changed, digging dirt doesn’t make for the most interesting of updates. They were adding more dirt where WWF queue entrance as you can see.

Here is my update from yesterday afternoon.

First off, there is now steel in the ground! Footers have been dug and rebar is in the ground. No concrete truck on site yet. Correct me if I am wrong but these look like coaster footers, 3 in a row then one also in line space further down.

Also there is a construction entrance cutting across the waterpark parking now.
Nice update! They finally moved the drill. It hadn't really moved on Sunday when I was there. I am surprised the concrete truck wasn't back. I did get a video of them putting in a casting (I guess that is what its called) in the ground last week, likely was one of those footers there. The drill is in a weird location now, I wonder if they are digging for both water drainage and the footers?