General Carowinds discussion
Here at Carowinds today the park looks great and there is a lot of activity going on in the area where the coaster is supposed to be, by the way they really are going all out for this Carolina fest.
Last edited by fonzlinney on June 7th, 2018, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of rebar has showed up. The Wi-Fi here at the park is relatively slow I check to see the latest on Carowinds connection just before I posted and now after I posted looks like a lot of what I said had just been posted oh well I’m just confirming. lol
They changed the voiceover in skytower, it’s the same script but less like “AnD REaCHEs BREATHTAKING SPEEDs of uP TOo 95MPH!!” And more like “and reaches breath taking speeds of 95mph”. No excitement anymore probably for the sanity of the workers.

Anyways, Project Alpha

And the hotel

Edit: There is a peephole in the fence behind the games building on the left, here’s the view
I agree with screamscape's thoughts on the coaster being painted white with something like white' lightnin' ish in the name. Since it launches into a loop like white lighnin' . But even still, this coaster looks great can't wait to get the actual stats. Also, to me, Mack coaster track looks so much like intamin track.
I talked to one of the construction workers, he said the blueprint is all wrong they leaked it to throw everybody off. Its going to be a Mack Strata Coaster with 10 inversions. He told me that I believe it
mark40511 wrote:Also, to me, Mack coaster track looks so much like intamin track.

Yeah, why does the track look so similar? They both use triangular track. I have noticed Intamin switches between triangular and square/box track, but that's not the focus right now.

Carowindsman wrote:I talked to one of the construction workers, he said the blueprint is all wrong they leaked it to throw everybody off. Its going to be a Mack Strata Coaster with 10 inversions. He told me that I believe it

S/He might be right in the first sentence, but strata coaster with 10 inversions? MACK STRATA? 10 inversions? I'm not really taking this in, but it would cost a ton of money. Plus, is there even enough space for this? And most other parks with really tall launch coasters have them somewhere near the middle of the park so the skyline looks really nice. CP and TTD, Hershey and Storm Runner, Magic Mountain and Superman/Drop of Doom. KIngda Ka is the exception, the placement (IMO) is horrible...just sayin'. I'm not trying to crush anyone's hopes or dreams, just trying to be realistic.
Carowindsman wrote:I talked to one of the construction workers, he said the blueprint is all wrong they leaked it to throw everybody off. Its going to be a Mack Strata Coaster with 10 inversions. He told me that I believe it

Pretty sure a construction worker wouldn’t reveal any plans the park hasn’t.