General Carowinds discussion
I get the reason for the lockers but that is the EXACT reason why I wont purchase a drink bottle. I get about 1000 of those freebie waters throughout the day no problem. NO way I'm paying $2 every time I want to ride a ride. I essentially carry nothing.

I bring my phone and my wallet and my car keys into the park and that's it (I have a strap to hold my sunglasses on during rides) and I wear shorts that have a buttoned or zippered pocket on the side for those 3 loose items that I brought in.
Not a fan of lockers at all. I think its ridiculous to have to pay, luckily I havent had to buy one for a long time for Fury. They should at least give you some time for free, or maybe a year long "locker pass" option. Really doesnt make sense though with Fury being the only ride with lockers as of now. Dont understand why a bin cant be used like every other ride in the park, I dont think it slows anything down at all IMO, but I guess they have their reasons for it and it is what it is. I do believe the new coaster will likely have them as well.
Yea, it will probably have lockers. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way things are going. It doesn’t really effect me too much, because I don’t ever have a real need for them, since i only carry my phone, wallet, and keys and make sure they are secure of course :-D

On another note, lockers definitely help with capacity, so I don’t mind them all too much.
uscbandfan wrote:I get the reason for the lockers but that is the EXACT reason why I wont purchase a drink bottle. I get about 1000 of those freebie waters throughout the day no problem. NO way I'm paying $2 every time I want to ride a ride. I essentially carry nothing.

I bring my phone and my wallet and my car keys into the park and that's it (I have a strap to hold my sunglasses on during rides) and I wear shorts that have a buttoned or zippered pocket on the side for those 3 loose items that I brought in.

For the last couple of years, we've done the drink plan with the disposable cups. It produces a lot of waste, but we can get a drink every 15 minutes in a 16 oz disposable cup that we just toss away when we're done.
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Not a fan of lockers at all. I think its ridiculous to have to pay, luckily I havent had to buy one for a long time for Fury. They should at least give you some time for free, or maybe a year long "locker pass" option. Really doesnt make sense though with Fury being the only ride with lockers as of now. Dont understand why a bin cant be used like every other ride in the park, I dont think it slows anything down at all IMO, but I guess they have their reasons for it and it is what it is. I do believe the new coaster will likely have them as well.

It's not all ridiculous if you come to the park to actually want to ride things. Bins add an extra 20 or more seconds to ever dispatch for people to store things and then the congestion of new riders and old riders at the bins. On major rides that time adds up. Lockers improve efficiency and give a benefit of a little extra revenue. Every person over 12 doesn't need a bad, which is the case at many non CF parks. The locker policy on big rides makes people think twice about bringing all this extra stuff to the park. Not to mention the bags slow down park entry b/c security has to go thru them. The less bags the better!
Last edited by Grobble on June 21st, 2018, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grobble wrote:
RiDeWaRrIoR wrote:Not a fan of lockers at all. I think its ridiculous to have to pay, luckily I havent had to buy one for a long time for Fury. They should at least give you some time for free, or maybe a year long "locker pass" option. Really doesnt make sense though with Fury being the only ride with lockers as of now. Dont understand why a bin cant be used like every other ride in the park, I dont think it slows anything down at all IMO, but I guess they have their reasons for it and it is what it is. I do believe the new coaster will likely have them as well.

It's not all ridiculous if you come to the park to actually want to ride things. Bins add an extra 20 or more seconds to ever dispatch for people to store things and then the congestion of new riders and old riders at the bins. On major rides that time adds up. Lockers improve efficiency and give a benefit of a little extra revenue. Every person over 12 doesn't need a bad, which is the case at many non CF parks. The locker policy on big rides makes people think twice about bringing all this extra stuff to the park. Not to mention the bags slow down park entry b/c security has to go thru them. The less bags the better!

We live in a very litigious society. Given Cedar Fair /Kings Dominion on June 14, 2018 was sued by a woman hit in the face (needed stitches) on a new Twisted Timbers from someone's phone while riding, they will likely move to LESS risk for them (policy of more lockers, not fewer). Safe to say any new big ride will have lockers required, and probably retrofit lockers required for those where they can. Freaking lawyers.

http://m.nbc12.com/story/38419337/woman ... er-coaster

It's not truly the park's fault if they tell people to not bring loose items on, but the lawyers are all about reducing legal exposure, and anyone can file a lawsuit, and try to get a settlement. The park doesn't need the bad PR, so they'll likely settle, and the victims usually know it so they sue.
I also have the disposable drink plan and I think you get more out of it considering if you had a friend with you who doesn’t have the plan you just have to wait 15 minutes in between drinks to get new ones. Lockers are for sure going in on the new ride since it will most likely be the first of its kind in America. If the entrance is near the old WWF house they would put them in replacement for those arcade games. if it was at dodgems in that open area where the black fencing is they would probally put them along the side. honestly I think that the entrance should be over where dodgems is because it has way more space. However it would attract more guests if it was where WWF used to be.
mdsmith98 wrote:Yea, it will probably have lockers. Unfortunately, that seems to be the way things are going. It doesn’t really effect me too much, because I don’t ever have a real need for them, since i only carry my phone, wallet, and keys and make sure they are secure of course :-D

On another note, lockers definitely help with capacity, so I don’t mind them all too much.

That's me. I only carry wallet, keys, sun glasses and a cap which I put in my pocket or sit on, when I ride. I think lockers are for the younger generation who insist on carrying back pack everywhere there go. I'm glad backpacks were not the thing to do when I was growing up. I can't see why anyone would want to be saddled with one all day long.

On the flip side, I'm not going to spend on something I have to carry around the park either. This is why I don't play those games. I would hate carrying a prize, (basketball) around all day. I'm much too lazy to take it back to the car.
When I spent three days at CP, I wore cargo shorts, and only brought my pass, hotel key, phone, and sunglasses (had a strap).

I dont see the need for people to bring such a large bag, unless they're with young kids, but if thats the case, they wont encounter a ride with a locker.
I think that there will be a coaster where white water falls and also going over into that backlot where dark harvest and that big warehouse is . also notice that the old kiddie pool in Carolina harbor near surfers swell and the barracuda blasters has silently disappeared and they are doing work in the backlot and evening everything out. that's how I know. :thumbup:
uscbandfan wrote:<ignoring the last two posts>

Spied a cement truck in the Snoopy cam feed headed toward "Alpha". Suppose they're pouring footers? Anyone have any eyeballs on the actual site?

I am heading out to the park in a few, gonna try and get some night rides. I’ll see if I notice anything different with the site (as far as footings).