General Carowinds discussion
SafetySam wrote:Anybody have some updated pics, or has it even changed much. I haven’t been able to go to the park in a few weeks

It hasn’t changed much. Still a field of dirt. There are two (I think?) cranes on site and footer drills. There are pictures of the site a few pages back.
Not much has changed but they are drilling something.

Last edited by dirkdiggler1992 on June 4th, 2018, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not much had changed as of Friday 6/1.... Based on the size of that drill that had arrived it looked to be for the concrete pipes etc. I did take more pictures on Friday and a short video again. Basically the same as the update before that :lol: Still went ahead and took some pictures just because I was there. Will try to get some more later this week.
Not gonna happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if there was a small pond at the center of this ride where sand dune lagoon used to be? Almost like a small swampy area with cattails and weeds and stuff.

As for the ride signage itself, I'd love to see something incorporating water like Leviathan.
redrunner97 wrote:Not gonna happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if there was a small pond at the center of this ride where sand dune lagoon used to be? Almost like a small swampy area with cattails and weeds and stuff.

As for the ride signage itself, I'd love to see something incorporating water like Leviathan.

I still haven't comprehended why this didn't happen for the Fury Sign. It would be awesome but I feel like we have an even lesser chance with this coaster being a less significant addition. You can still pray for some mist on the sign that only works for the first season though. :-D
^^^ not a stretch to figure out why they didn't incorporate water into the Fury sign.... Although they feed near water and obviously drink it, hornets are not true water insects. Fury is based around the flight of the hornet.

Leviathan, however, IS A SEA MONSTER. Hence the need for a water theme.

Now, to that end. Copperheads ARE found in and near water and are great swimmers so a water feature in or around "Copperhead Strike" would certainly fit. ... if, of course, that ends up being the name. If so.... WATER WOULD BE SO WELCOME.

ANY WATER ADDED TO THE PARK IN ANY FASHION WOULD BE SO WELCOME.
Long time lurker... but since no one has posted it; I was at the park yesterday and they were pouring the first footer. Sorry couldnt get a picture. the only way I could see was to hop on windseeker. It was right behind the ladder climb game closest to fence.
Exciting times.