General Carowinds discussion
By Dharma_Guy
I've been going to Carowinds forever, and this is the first year that I have noticed so much vandalism going on. The North Carolina sign is missing from the popular post as you enter the park where people like to take pictures on the state line. The cookie has been torn off on the Snoopy on the bench in the kids section. I'm used to the tvs in the queue lines not working, but it such a shame to see it on Fury 325, as it is the signature coaster and still relatively new. Also the water fountain was broken in the Fury 325 queue line. I know that kids can't be watched all the time and kids will be kids, but that is just sad to see. I wanted to take my picture on the state line and wanted a picture of my son with Snoopy on the bench. I still did those things, but not the same with the missing pieces. Hopefully at least some of those issues can be fixed. When my son gets older and starts to venture out on his own, I really hope that he respects public property better than this. Having said all of this, I'm still loving Carowinds this year. I stayed there almost all day today until the rain tonight. Fury 325 is my baby and I can't wait to see what is in store for the future!
By cwgator
It's sad that people can't just go places and act civilized. Sadly the ones doing it think it's just cool to be destructive. The cookie must have been removed recently because a friend of mine was there last week and she posted a FB Live video and in it her boyfriend sitting on the bench and the cookie was there.
By Dharma_Guy
He is holding 2 cookies. One is missing. Yesterday was my 3rd Tuesday in a row going and it was missing all 3 weeks. You can tell where it was broken off. It would take some work to do that, so sure it was just a teen thinking they were being funny or something.
By RRRAPIDS
I totally agree with the Snoopy Bench, and the cookie. Even the little woodstock character with his cookie is missing on that same bench as well. It needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Also, there are several street lights on pathways, as well as coaster lift hills like cyclone and goldrusher that are left off. They are really slacking and it's showing. Heck, there are still rides without signs ( Scream Weaver & Skytower.) The park still looks amazing though, they just need to fix obvious things.
By RRRAPIDS
I would also be nice to see more, "Signage" in the park for guests as well. Yes, I understand people should grab maps, but it would be nice especially for out of town guests. People I have talked to didn't even know Plants vz. Zombies is an attraction/ride. Well really, they didn't know it existed. Every park I've been to has signs. It helps with the experience.
By Capler
Yes vandalism happens, but things also break because of age and usage. When you are the owner/manager of a high traffic public attraction, all of these things have to be factored in as part of your daily maintenance. Hopefully the park is aware and repairs are forth coming. Nothing bothers me more than to see broken things on public display. If you can't repair it in a timely manner, it should be removed.
By Dharma_Guy
The North Carolina/South Carolina sign at the entrance should be a simple fix. I'm surprised it is still missing the one sign. Either that or North Carolina has disowned Carowinds lol.
By pproteinc
Yea it's getting out of hand. The times I go I see teens running and jump kicking the trash cans over inside the park but more so in the entrance plaza on the path the leads to the bus lot as I always get a park on the last row up front. Sometimes I just want to trip them up or knock some sense into them. They're not my kids so I can't. Lol. It does grind my gears tho.