General Carowinds discussion
So I feel like its kind of been glossed over recently with County Fair opening, but Winterfest premiers later this year. What are everyone's expectations?

Personally, I have no clue. I've never been to a Cedar Fair Winter event, or any Amusement park Holiday event for that matter. That being said, I'm excited for a smaller offseason and curious as to how it will be done.
Similar to Winterfest 2005 minus Afterburn and Scrambler. I don't see any need for Carowinds Theater and the Showplace area to be open since we have Harmony Hall.

I would like to see Skytower open and Windseeker become the Christmas Tree, I think if Carowinds lights the park properly then Skytower could give an interesting view.

Afterburn isn't the star attraction anymore and had some troubles operating during Winterfest 2005, I think the new Gazebo will be used for Winterfest and maybe Whitewater Falls could be used for an area to host an ice rink(as in built on top of) or the area where Thunder Road's station was. Using the old County Fair would allow for 3Z Arena to open giving the park two heated rides.

Heck, even Dino's could be used for Winterfest!
Ice rink is most likely going be at the front if the park. The Carowinds Theater will most likely have a Christmas Story type show/play. Now that winters are warmer these days or at least the cold temps don't hit until late January or early February, coasters and rides shouldn't be an issue.
If SFNE can run coasters in the winter then dammit so can Carowinds :thumbup: :lol: ! However, I don't see it really expanding back to that part of the park. I see it keeping with a tight circle with emphasis being on the front plaza (harmony hall area), vortex plaza, county fair and the area where the snoopy light show is.
I don't know what to expect from winterfest, the only park's winter event I've been to is Gardaland. It was very cold.

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it regardless of what's open, but I definitely hope as many rides are open as possible, especially since it will be my only time going to Carowinds in 2017 because I'm not visiting home this summer.

I mainly just hope they go all-out with the theming; I want to see lots and lots of holiday lights and decorations! And good music!
LIGHTS!!!! Lol

I was there Sunday and noticed the inner lights up in the ceiling were working and there's also another group of lights being installed on the diagnal section underneath the blue shake rattle and roll trim, but the disco ball was not installed yet.
I enjoyed Winterfest, It was nice to have it. Afterburn was never a wait. We were running one train. I was told I had to keep it running so people realized it was actually running. As for other coasters I could maybe see Intimidator run. Maybe call it Santa's Wild Sleigh ride. It would be cool to have dueling Christimas Trees with Skytower and Windseeker.
I wonder if Windseeker can be programmed to run slower and perhaps half as high? If it is in operation (instead of being used as a decoration) during Winterfest it might get more interest if it only went to 150' and turned slower. The guests could enjoy the view of the park without the wind speed freezing them. Just a thought.