General Carowinds discussion
By Edwardo
“I was walking through the park with one of the designers, Mike Foley, who had made the transition from Paramount Parks to Cedar Fair. He and [former Cedar Fair SVP of Planning and Design] Rob Decker got along great,” Helms recalled. “We were walking and talking about where the new roller coaster would go, and I just said, ‘Mike, we need to take out the log flume and I think if we could put that coaster up there, everybody on I-77, everybody on Carowinds Boulevard and Avenue of the Carolinas, they are going to see it. It will help more of the presence of the ride’.”

Jerry actually told me this story in 2010 at an event. He said that they wanted it back in the park and that in front it would serve as the best advertisement or billboard for the park.
By gabed
I'm not surprised, but geez this is sad. Seems like this was a early chain-wide decision with most other Cedar Fair parks making similar statements today
By TheBoss01
Snowman wrote:$50 pass perks next year! I see t-shirts in my future!

Here comes my first rides on ripcord! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By jeffdavis
Thanks pproteinc.

I remember the ride sign was down during WinterFest so maybe it's getting refreshed also. I hope the car gets a little attention. It has sat in the sun for a while and I think it had a flat tire last time I saw it (and many times that I saw it).
By pproteinc
uscbandfan wrote:
pproteinc wrote:Pics of Intimidator undergoing it's repaint from Carowinds Fans Only

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.641683809805177&type=3&__tn__=-UC-R

BADLY needed that. Wasn't very intimidating being pink. (I actually think black track would have been cool too but I like red.)

I'm with you. I've wanted black track from day one but also know it wouldn't hold up in this Carolina heat and UV rays.
By coasterbruh
Why wouldn't black hold up? Vortex had black supports that held up pretty well. . .