General Carowinds discussion
By carolinaman
aoriole19 wrote:that's great actually!! Would anyone be willing to grab a pack of those pins and send them to me in Boston?? I'll pay $10 (I'm assuming shipping should really only cost like $2 to send them in a padded envelope via USPS but if it's more I can pay more) via Venmo or Paypal and I can PM you my address !

I'm sorry, that pin set is 8.99. Still not a bad deal though. But I can get you set next time I'm at the park if you still want them.
Attachments
By aoriole19
carolinaman wrote:
aoriole19 wrote:that's great actually!! Would anyone be willing to grab a pack of those pins and send them to me in Boston?? I'll pay $10 (I'm assuming shipping should really only cost like $2 to send them in a padded envelope via USPS but if it's more I can pay more) via Venmo or Paypal and I can PM you my address !

I'm sorry, that pin set is 8.99. Still not a bad deal though. But I can get you set next time I'm at the park if you still want them.

That would be great, I'll DM you. Thanks!
By Justin
Christopher Mallis wrote:DId they do this last year? Go to their website for more info.

The last time Carowinds did this was in 2014. Everything food wise was a dollar. Pizza slice, burgers, soda, and similar. Not the fried dough and icecream... Wicked nice deal if you dont have dining plan!
By mdsmith98
I am really wanting to go. I am an ACE member, but I am going to be starting a new job within the next few weeks. So I will need to ask them if I can have that day off. If they allow me to have that day off, and I get that response before registration closes, I will plan on being there.
By ThatCoasterNerd
mdsmith98 wrote:I am really wanting to go. I am an ACE member, but I am going to be starting a new job within the next few weeks. So I will need to ask them if I can have that day off. If they allow me to have that day off, and I get that response before registration closes, I will plan on being there.

Better hurry up! Registration closes Saturday! :shock:
By mdsmith98
ThatCoasterNerd wrote:
mdsmith98 wrote:I am really wanting to go. I am an ACE member, but I am going to be starting a new job within the next few weeks. So I will need to ask them if I can have that day off. If they allow me to have that day off, and I get that response before registration closes, I will plan on being there.

Better hurry up! Registration closes Saturday! :shock:

Yea I know :( . Hopefully i'll find out soon. I wanted to attend, since it's not every year Carowinds builds a roller coaster. Hopefully it will work out.
By tarheel1231
Looks like this was already addressed in the Copperhead Strike thread before a certain user tried to bring politics into the thread. Apparently Carowinds is concerned that they're almost out of space for expansion within the existing park borders, according to this Charlotte Business Journal article. I'm not going to quote the entire thing since it's a paid subscription, but here are a few quotes from Steve Jackson:

We don’t know what’s next at Carowinds after what it billed Thursday as its “biggest investment to date,” but the amusement park is running a little short on land.

Steve Jackson, Carowinds director of maintenance and construction, says expansions have taken up most of the 400 acres at the park. What remains is 50 to 60 acres of undeveloped land.

Any more major additions at Carowinds will require acres of parking be relocated to the periphery of the site, he adds. “They move outward,” he explains. That way any future rides and other additions to the theme park would be contiguous to the park.

Makes sense why they're currently expanding the parking lot.

I made a post a while ago saying how they could utilize the current lot down by Intimidator's first turn if they ever ran out of space: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4394&p=99311&hilit=acres+parking%27#p99311
By coasterbruh
Just like Cedar point, now Carowinds is running out of land?!?!?!? And just like Cedar Point, they will always find a way to expand. Guess they have really became the Cedar Point of the south lol.

But seriously, 50-60 acres is like the size of a small park. I wouldn't hardly be panicking over space. But they can always build a parking garage.
By Panthersfan43
I can think of at lest 5 spots where Carowinds can expand so I would not panic yet