General Carowinds discussion
By Wood Coaster
pproteinc wrote:Is it me or have they insanely slowed down the rides in County Fair. Electro Spin is so slow to a point where you cant even get a good flip. It only gets enough force to rock back and forth. In order to flip you'll have to have insane weight differential which at times are rare.

YES...... Very Slow.
The controllers don't seem motivated to get as many people through as possible.... It would help if the added an extra help at each ride.
By Koallinbear
What doesn't help the cause is that it seems everytime I stroll through County Fair either Do-si-do or Electro-spin are broken down.

Also: I rode Zephyr a few days ago and I noticed how truly strange the ride cycle is. When it lifts the swings up it starts tilting and lifting you up and down before it really gets spinning. It feels very odd compared to every other wave swinger I've been on.
I think wth the parking expansion they are doing that because the lot gets smaller and smaller as you head towards Carolina Harbor. Plus they could possibly be expanding their warehouse that they store stuff for Winterfest and other things in. It’s pretty small and they need more space considering they have to put things all around the park in random places like Fury, Intimidator (the brick pavers are under there), and many other places around the park.
By RollerBee
I think that warehouse will be “moved” as in another built. The exsisting one I could see being turned into a SCarowinds maze down the road or demolished for parking.

It is very clear that when Paramount built that structure they never thought about a waterpark gate going over there.

I will also argue that Cedar Fair missed the mark by putting the waterpark gate where they put it. It would have made more sense to put where that warehouse is, close South Gate and have the “new South Gate” connected to the old County Fair and Carolina Harbor. This could allow for a shared area between Carowinds and Carolina Harbor that could have lockers, a gift shop for the waterpark and Harbor House. Leave a changing room behind a gate for the waterpark.
Wonder what’s so important about hurler? And surfers swell is closed for a while, I don’t think that is becuase of lifeguard shortages becuase that goes through the weekend. (These are scheduled ride closures on Carowinds’ website).
Attachments
By pproteinc
Koallinbear wrote:What doesn't help the cause is that it seems everytime I stroll through County Fair either Do-si-do or Electro-spin are broken down.

Also: I rode Zephyr a few days ago and I noticed how truly strange the ride cycle is. When it lifts the swings up it starts tilting and lifting you up and down before it really gets spinning. It feels very odd compared to every other wave swinger I've been on.

Yes Zephr is programmed oddly. It's suppose to lift to the mid point to pick up speed then lift the rest of the way to start the tilting. But what I was told by Mr. J the mechanic it was programmed like that with a short ride time for capacity. The only time there is a line, that still doesn't fill the whole que, is when the park is jam packed and when the waterpark is closing, other than that its like up to 8 or 10 people on the ride. I've said the que will never be full because the ride time is not long enough to allow the line to full up. I personally think Zephr's que should've been for Electro Spin and vice versa. I'll stick with SFOG wave swinger or any other park for that matter.

It's all a numbers game. Getting guest on and off thats why most rides are mad short and as for Electro Spin they slowed it down to stop it from make that loud grinding noise when it stops to go into reverse per Mr. J. Trust me I'm always asking questions lol. Just like they slowed down the carousal to minimize wear and tear.

Christopher Mallis wrote:Wonder what’s so important about hurler? And surfers swell is closed for a while, I don’t think that is because of lifeguard shortages because that goes through the weekend. (These are scheduled ride closures on Carowinds’ website).

I'm not sure about Hurler but, Surfer's Swell is closed as a precaution to the incident that happened at SFStL. All half pike slides are closed right now to my knowledge.
Last edited by pproteinc on July 12th, 2018, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tarheel1231
pproteinc wrote:I'm not sure about Hurler but, Surfer's Swell is closed as a precaution to the incident that happened at SFStL. All half pike slides are closed right now to my knowledge.

Aw what? That's my favorite slide in the water park! :(
By MISTER FANBOY
pproteinc wrote:I'm not sure about Hurler but, Surfer's Swell is closed as a precaution to the incident that happened at SFStL. All half pike slides are closed right now to my knowledge.

well I've flipped several times on surfers swell and I saw 2 "heavyset" women flip over and 1 got injured when they still ran 2 person tubes. btw I flipped on single tubes
By Koallinbear
MISTER FANBOY wrote:

well I've flipped several times on surfers swell and I saw 2 "heavyset" women flip over and 1 got injured when they still ran 2 person tubes. btw I flipped on single tubes

I personally feel that when Surfers Swell is not running 2 person circle tubes it is not worth me waiting. The ride is no fun when you have to have your whole party ride singles and you barely go up on the halfpipe. Dorsal Fin Drop could easily run 2 person tubes as almost every other bowl slide in the country does. Unless it was designed differently or it is a smaller model.

Please correct me if i'm wrong
By tinotoot
Koallinbear wrote:
MISTER FANBOY wrote:

I personally feel that when Surfers Swell is not running 2 person circle tubes it is not worth me waiting. The ride is no fun when you have to have your whole party ride singles and you barely go up on the halfpipe. Dorsal Fin Drop could easily run 2 person tubes as almost every other bowl slide in the country does. Unless it was designed differently or it is a smaller model.

Please correct me if i'm wrong

I'm really not sure what the deal is with that but I hate that too. My partner and I bailed after waiting about 20 minutes because they were doing single tubes that day. I know they don't do it to make the line go faster, that's for sure.
A bit of a smaller update but the park used to have 2 row as of cubby’s at dodgems and now they only have one. The thing that makes me feel weird about this is that they didn’t repaint where they took the top ones off and now it has a whole lot of scratches all over it.
Attachments
By pproteinc
Friendly info. The waterpark hours have been cut for the remainder of the month and August. This month it now closes at 6pm during the week and 7pm in Fridays and Saturdays. I’m August we’ll be looking at 5pm closes during the week and 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays with some 12pm openings.