General Carowinds discussion
By cadi40
tarheel1231 wrote:The landscaping on that side of the park and the rustic theme of Camp Snoopy were made for each other. I can't wait to see the concept art :thumbup:

I cannot wait for Camp Snoopy! I hope they are actually planning on adding to the theme rather then just changing the name and not adding any extra theme.
By carolinaman
Why did they remove WWF and not do anything with the land it sat on for an entire 2017 season and now it seems like the 2018 season too. Was it because of maintenance issues, cost of operations, staffing or just a change of plans? I'm just curious to why remove a fairly popular ride and not use the land for two seasons?
By coasterbruh
carolinaman wrote:Why did they remove WWF and not do anything with the land it sat on for an entire 2017 season and now it seems like the 2018 season too. Was it because of maintenance issues, cost of operations, staffing or just a change of plans? I'm just curious to why remove a fairly popular ride and not use the land for two seasons?

Fairly popular and fairly costly. To be honest, they really haven't used Thunder Roads plot either.
By Chris
FamousAmos wrote:No one said they weren't going to use it :thumbup:

Ummm, yeah. Of course they're going to use it. What park would ever go through all this trouble just to not use it?

oh, almost forgot... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
By redrunner97
Surely the park knows what the next coaster is already going to be at this point, even if we might be (potentially) years away from it. That being said, my gut is screaming "CGI!" and I have a feeling it'll be coming sooner rather than later.

As for where the next coaster to hit Carowinds will be located, WWF's former spot is the most likely place, given all their recent efforts to clear such a big slice of unoccupied land. Something is happening there and my guess is it'll probably be big.

They also have preserved the wooden gazebo station/queue structure, which makes me feel like they're intending on using it for something in the near future. Maybe the park intends on incorporating it, in some capacity, into whatever ride is going to replace WWF? Walking through it to get to the station of a wooden coaster could be cool.

If not a coaster or water park expansion, I'd love to see that land used for a brand-new, world-class modern (and grandly themed) log ride! Bring back the Powder Keg Flume with a bang! :D
By FamousAmos
Calling it now, Gliders will be placed on the WWF plot of land (even with plenty of more room to spare).
I'm gonna stick with this hunch
I also hope it get's rethemed back to the Flying Eagles (that's what it use to be right?)
By uscbandfan
FamousAmos wrote:Calling it now, Gliders will be placed on the WWF plot of land (even with plenty of more room to spare).
I'm gonna stick with this hunch
I also hope it get's rethemed back to the Flying Eagles (that's what it use to be right?)

Seems like a LOT of land to use for such a "small" ride. Maybe they're planning some water park additions for the backside of the plot.

Say this is true... where could we put a new large CGI if we got one? Dinos?
By redrunner97
cadi40 wrote:I cannot wait for Camp Snoopy! I hope they are actually planning on adding to the theme rather then just changing the name and not adding any extra theme.

If the concept art can be trusted (which I believe it can be, since County Fair ended up looking EVEN BETTER than the concept art), then they're going to be replacing the metal benches with wooden ones (maybe doing the same for the railings along paths too?), transforming the operator shacks into little cabins, and turning the snack shack into a larger log cabin! :D Hopefully they go with more cobblestone-looking pavers and add some fun photo-ops as well—plus literally anything else; there's no such thing as too much themeing.

Also, I really like how the new installations will have signs designed to look like scout/camp badges. Hopefully they retroactively add signage like those to the older rides too (including re-naming some of the ones that no longer fit the theme).

Peanuts Pirates could easily be turned into canoes, and Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie might be turned adopt the Great Pumpkin Coaster name or get a new theme entirely. I prefer the former, personally, as the Great Pumpkin is one of the most iconic Peanuts specials and it could help contribute to the inevitable "Camp Spooky" event (like Knott's) that will probably replace Great Pumpkin Fest from '18 onward.
Last edited by redrunner97 on August 18th, 2017, 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tarheel1231
redrunner97 wrote:If the concept art can be trusted (which I believe it can be, since County Fair ended up looking EVEN BETTER than the concept art)

Glad someone else shares this opinion as I don't think I can stop gushing about the County Fair! It surpassed my expectations and it feels so out of the ordinary considering what we've come to expect of Carowinds. If they makeover the rest of the park like the County Fair, it's going to be something special.