General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
You guys do realize there is plenty of usable land in Carolina Harbor that does not include the WWF plot, right?
By redrunner97
gabed wrote:You guys do realize there is plenty of usable land in Carolina Harbor that does not include the WWF plot, right?

Yeah, there's a plenty of room elsewhere within Carolina Harbor for future expansions. I'm pretty certain the land they've been busy clearing is going to be something big for the dry park, probably sooner rather than later. I just hope we don't lose out on any other rides in that area before then... (*cough* Dodgems *cough*)

But I just had a crazy thought about WWF's station being preserved. What if they're going to use it as the front facade for a building to house a Triotech dark ride? :shock: lol, this fever has me all over the place right now y'all.

tarheel1231 wrote:If they makeover the rest of the park like the County Fair, it's going to be something special.

Everything they've touched since 2015 has come out looking unbelievable. I'm now certain that Cedar Fair is trying to turn Carowinds into more of a theme park than an amusement park—almost like Cedar Point meets Knott's Berry Farm in the South.

Hopefully Crossroads is next!
By tarheel1231
So, uh... anyone think they'll introduce the Battle for Carowinds next year a la Cedar Point and Kings Dominion? What rides do you think they'll put on the app/what would you like to see?

This is just a guess, but if the game focuses on the most popular rides, I would assume these would be the teams featured on the app:

Fury 325 Clan
Intimidator Clan
Nighthawk Clan
Afterburn Clan
Flying Cobras Clan

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank God there's only 8 days before school starts. I am very, very bored.
By FamousAmos
Danny Boy123 wrote:What happened to that one outdoor show that was supposed to be in county fair this year.

More than likely, it was cut due to the budget.
I hope that it can come at some point. I actually think that the "rain" stuff is still in the tree where the show was going to go. Don't quote me on that though.
By tylerSC
tylerSC wrote:Is Carowinds having any Eclipse events today or selling glasses? And I wonder if they will shut down the rides during the Eclipse?

WCNC just reported the Carolina Harbor would be closed from 1:45 to 3:45. But not sure about the rides in the main park itself.
By Carowindsman
I think there will be some great photo opportunities with the rides and all during the eclipse
By jeffdavis
The park put a statement on Carolina Harbor temporarily at the top of the operating hours page: https://www.carowinds.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

Copied from the page:

Solar Eclipse: Park Operation

Due to limited visibility during today’s solar eclipse, Carolina Harbor will close today between 1:45 and 3:45 p.m. With the exception of Carolina Harbor, all other rides are scheduled to operate as normal.
By cadi40
If Carowinds keeps it up with the Themeing and transforming areas of the park then we are on the fast track to becoming one to the level of Canada's Wonderland themeing and becoming one of the best parks in the US!
By tarheel1231
World is a bit ambitious, though it's entirely subjective. But in 10 years, I could very well see Carowinds being one of the best parks in the nation.
By Jonathan
Let's try to get to being one of the best parks in the Cedar Fair chain, then take it from there...

There are probably 10 to 20 parks (depending on if we're including theme parks) in the US that I think are better than Carowinds as it stands today.