General Carowinds discussion
By jeffdavis
I haven't had any particularly bad customer service experiences. I have witnessed unenthusiastic employees at times but given the conditions, compensation, and nature of the jobs I accept it. Staffing in a business such as this has unique challenges and I don't consider myself qualified to comment on how it might be improved. I would like to see the season expanded on each end by a couple of weekends as an experiment. I suppose the return of Winterfest will also serve as an experiment of public interest in off-season attendance. I don't think Carowinds will ever be a year-round park, but in time it might be open more weeks and more weekends than it is now.
By Carowindsman
Those are places that really dont have a winter. Carowinds being the one of the few states that can have all 4 seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
By Carowindsman
Yes i forgot to edit that. Like I said all the parks that are listed are not parks that experience the same weather patterns as Carowinds does.
By cwgator
cadi40 wrote:Six Flags Texas, Mall of America Park, Seceral Theme parks in Las Vegas, Sea World San Antonio, and Smaller family owned parks.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Over Texas and SW San Antonio are not open year round. They close for at least 2 months after New Year's and are mostly weekend only operation during seasonal events (with extended days during Thanksgiving & Christmas).

SFOT is only open for seasonal events in October-December (being closed 2 weeks between Fright Fest and Holiday In The Park. They go weekends only starting this weekend.

SFFT is similar to OT, but only open 8 days in November. They go to weekend only next weekend.

SW San Antonio goes to weekends only as of August 26th. During November they are open the week of Thanksgiving and in December is open weekends and the week of Christmas/New Years from 1pm-9pm with last day being Jan. 2.

That's not year round. The only one you mentioned that is would be Nickelodeon Universe....but that's inside so of course they can. Also Adventuredome in Vegas...is indoors. Smaller family owned parks are not the same as a major destination park.
By cadi40
Sorry, apparently I don't have the time to do the research :)
EDIT - I am not trying to be rude, At the time I had 0 time to do the research. Next time I will research before I post.
Last edited by cadi40 on August 15th, 2017, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By gabed
You didn't even have to do research, an elementary school level of American geography could have answered that.

tarheel1231 wrote:The solution is simple: just build a giant dome over Carowinds. Then it can be open year round and none of the employees will act unhappy again.

Yes
By Chris
Step 1: Post something as fact.
Step 2: Have someone politely correct you.
Step 3: Double down on the incorrect information, this time posting examples to confirm your 'fact.'
Step 4: Someone politely shows you that your examples didn't add up.
Step 5: Try and play it off by saying you didn't have the time to research basic 3rd grade geography.

That's some Trump-type thinking right there.
By cadi40
Chris wrote:Step 1: Post something as fact.
Step 2: Have someone politely correct you.
Step 3: Double down on the incorrect information, this time posting examples to confirm your 'fact.'
Step 4: Someone politely shows you that your examples didn't add up.
Step 5: Try and play it off by saying you didn't have the time to research basic 3rd grade geography.

That's some Trump-type thinking right there.

Last time I checked 3rd graders didn't learn what parks are year round and which ones are not. At the time I posted that I was about to clock in at work so I only guessed. Didn't know people would come after me, I wasn't trying to be rude, I legit had 0 time to google anything about it. However, Trump does do something like that..lol
By cadi40
gabed wrote:You didn't even have to do research, an elementary school level of American geography could have answered that.

tarheel1231 wrote:The solution is simple: just build a giant dome over Carowinds. Then it can be open year round and none of the employees will act unhappy again.

Yes

I had 0 time to do any research on it, It was a educated guess. P.S. A elementary aged child couldn't answer that without research.
By cadi40
Arguing aside (And once again I apologize) Tomorrow is announcement day! I don't know about anyone else but I am very excited even though we know for the most part what is coming for 2018. :o :clap:
By CCookieMonster
^I agree. I'm excited for announcement day, even though I know for the most part what's coming. For some reason, I'm actually for Camp Snoopy, even though I'm a thrill seeker. I really just hope Carowinds announces something else major besides 3-5 new rides for Camp Snoopy. :D

P.S. Is Carowinds announcing it on twitter and on the website at 11am?