General Carowinds discussion
By FamousAmos
I believe that they are closing in the order in which they originally opened.
Something about a contract. Since CF never officially owned the dino's. A company in Virginia licensed them out.
By gabed
FamousAmos wrote:I believe that they are closing in the order in which they originally opened.
Something about a contract. Since CF never officially owned the dino's. A company in Virginia licensed them out.

Makes sense seeing as how KI was the first to get them and only ones to get rid of them this year. Then we saw Cedar Fair purchase them in bulk in 2012 and now they’re leaving in droves. Using this logic next year should be the last season for ours. Praise God.
By BelowThePeak
I'd also imagine that we're likely to get in 2020 what Cedar Point is getting for 2019. We'd need something to take up the DA space for a while while expansion happens in other areas of the park (RMC Hurler? 8) ).
By carolinaman
I don't know if anybody here collects pins, but I found these in Tradions today. Thought it was cool to have an old Carowinds logo, White Lightning and Thunder Road pins all in one pack.
Attachments
By RollerBee
carolinaman wrote:I don't know if anybody here collects pins, but I found these in Tradions today. Thought it was cool to have an old Carowinds logo, White Lightning and Thunder Road pins all in one pack.

I got one a year or two along, glad to see they are still selling them, I doubt they could make one for Saturator but I would buy one if they did.
By Carowindsman
With Cedar Pointannouncing the removal of Dinos Alive. I bet what they are putting in its place will go to all the other parks just themed different.
By dirkdiggler1992
It certainly could be a test attraction that may expand to other parks or something temp until CP decides what they really want to put in its place, if anything. However the whole Dino’s leaving = major attraction in its place is most likely not going to go the way some would hope. At Kings Island/Dominion their Dino’s are at the back of their parks in the woods, I doubt anything will go in their place and doing so would just require ripping out a bunch of trees. In the case of the more locked parks like CP, Carowinds, and to a lesser extent Dorney, we should see some or part of the space reutilized down the road.
By aoriole19
carolinaman wrote:I don't know if anybody here collects pins, but I found these in Tradions today. Thought it was cool to have an old Carowinds logo, White Lightning and Thunder Road pins all in one pack.

How much did they cost?
By Koallinbear
In my opinion, (pending how the public receives it) I don't believe any other parks will be getting the Cedar Point 2019 Dino Changeover. I am predicting it will be a big flop, especially if it is an up charge attraction. Maybe I'm speaking too soon because we don't know much information. I feel it is a completely ridiculous use of Cedar Point's valuable island real-estate that would be a really good spot for a GCI.
By aoriole19
I guess I could be biased by having just spent 4 years surrounded by nerds, but I feel like escape rooms are super popular, so I could definitely see it being successful.
By carolinaman
aoriole19 wrote:

How much did they cost?

$4.99, I was surprised because I had bought a Fury 325 pin earlier and it was 7.99
By aoriole19
that's great actually!! Would anyone be willing to grab a pack of those pins and send them to me in Boston?? I'll pay $10 (I'm assuming shipping should really only cost like $2 to send them in a padded envelope via USPS but if it's more I can pay more) via Venmo or Paypal and I can PM you my address !