General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
The Whitewater Falls splash down was empty when the season started, either is has been filled by the park or more likely storms and rain.
By pproteinc
First time riding a lot of carny rides. Do you not go to fairs? I guarantee the fair versions are way more intense especially top scans or here it's Electro and the music express can go way faster just add about 5 more minutes to the cycle and go backwards. It's so refreshing lol.
Great trip report !!
By cwgator
^If it was a weekday then I would say it was staffing most likely. Schools were still in session so they may have just not seen the need to have it running. I'm sure it takes more employees to operate than most of the other rides in the park currently. On a slow day it just doesn't make sense...well at least to them I guess.
By Capler
pproteinc wrote:Well well Carowinds is back in the negative news light.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/carowinds-responds-after-fight-in-the-park-caught-on-video/533468183?ecmp=wsoctv_social_facebook_2014_sfp

Yes this situation happening at all was bad, but the tv reporter placing blame on the one security guard was not fair. I'm sure he did what he was supposed to do and called for back-up. No way should we expect a security guard who is not riot trained to jump into such a fracas to get himself hurt or killed. I'm sure the park has sworn officers on it's force who are equipped to deal with these things.

As far as the fight goes, this is the new normal in America. It's sad but I kind of expect it when I go around a group of young people.
By Barbwire
It's all because parents are just dropping their kids off and using Carowinds as a day care! Parents today need to take control of their kids or be held accountable for their actions! Personally I'm sick of these little disrespectful teens that are out here today, they have no respect for anyone. I just saw my first fight ever at the park on Memorial Day and of course it was two teens. Parents should be made to come with their kids if they're under 18! Sorry for my rant but enough is enough.. :thumbdown:
By gabed
Terrible, but don't let this speak for all teens. (I'm 16).

If you want to see a drop in attendance, make teens come with their parents. I wouldn't care, but most teens feel as though they're "too cool" for that. Also keep in mind that a lot of parents have to work during the week and can't go with their kids. Also I've seen adults fighting and even under the influence at the park. (Lowkey got rear ended by a woman high on pot on the night of July 4 in 2011). It all comes down to character, not age.
By RollerBee
^A Drop in attendance would be worth less teens in the park. Would Carowinds rather have a bunch of teens that spend nearly nothing in the park or families that purchase a locker, food, snacks and merch?

I agree with Barbwire's post.
By Sean978
If you think Carowinds has an issue with disrespectful teens, I recommend that you steer clear of Kentucky Kingdom.
By pproteinc
Six Flags over Georgia is known very much for such events smh. I always felt Carowinds would come to a place of such foolishness. In this instance, looking at the video, it looked to be grown adults fighting. Yes I agree the security did what he was suppose to do, call and report. Had I been him I wouldn't put myself in the middle of that fight even tho I know how to fight. I'm just not crazy to throw myself in the rink 8 to 1. This is why I hate media. They try to stir up drama where not needed and place blame on the wrong things or person(s).
By coasterbruh
So ya'll know those were teenagers? By just looking at a video? That's impressive . . .
By tarheel1231
Barbwire wrote:It's all because parents are just dropping their kids off and using Carowinds as a day care! Parents today need to take control of their kids or be held accountable for their actions! Personally I'm sick of these little disrespectful teens that are out here today, they have no respect for anyone. I just saw my first fight ever at the park on Memorial Day and of course it was two teens. Parents should be made to come with their kids if they're under 18! Sorry for my rant but enough is enough.. :thumbdown:

Yeah, stupid millennials! No generation in history has ever had teens misbehave as badly as today! :sarcasm: