General Carowinds discussion
By CodyH3333
This is on Fury 325's wikipedia page. Why? I have no clue. Btw nobody exited the ride via stairs. They just fixed it and started up the chains motor and they finished their ride. I should know because i was there. :?
Attachments
By RollerBee
Umm, hate to dispute this but Fury was up there for more than 20 minutes and the train was empty. However from I understand, the train stopped on the lift twice. But I know at 730pm the train was stopped on the lift and it was up there until 830pm or so. However I did not edit the wiki page, but I personally seen Fury's train stopped the lift between those times. I will also report by 846pm, the ride was operating normally. However I never personally seen any one walking the lift.
By kirkgun
As much as I enjoyed the speed of boarding (walk-on) and being able to choose whatever seat you wanted yesterday, there was a significant downside to riding Fury with mostly empty trains. The second half of the ride was noticeably less intense (which is pretty much just the three air-time hills). I am positive I had some rides where the trim did not engage.

Actually I even think the turn-around felt a little less intense also. That might just be in my head. I'm not sure. But, the three airtime hills were unquestionably less intense.

The moral of this post: when you "bring a friend" to Carowinds to ride Fury, bring your biggest friends! At least as big as you can get, while still being able bring the lap bar down. You want as much mass on the Fury train as you can get.

And for me personally, I would rather wait an additional 5-10 minutes to have an additional 5 seconds being pushed up against the lap bar.

I'm a motorcycle rider, so I have spent many many hours of my life with 70+ MPH air colliding against my head and body. So I really notice wind noise and buffeting (caused by air turbulence). And my favorite seat yesterday was not first row or back row (back row is usually my favorite on coasters). It was third row. It was awesome. It was so quiet and nearly free of buffeting that I had in both the front and rear, but still had all the same G forces found in the other seats. And I could very clearly see everything throughout the ride, because my eyes were not watering so much.
By Sean978
swampfox43 wrote:Slow news day maybe???
Attachments
not photoshopped. I recorded the news to see just exactly what the "concern" is...
If it's anything worth repeating, I'll post it.

update: because of the impending tornado's in the area...the real news was cancelled!
Last edited by swampfox43 on April 20th, 2015, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swampfox43 wrote:not photoshopped. I recorded the news to see just exactly what the "concern" is...
If it's anything worth repeating, I'll post it.

One article I read said that Fury's safety system shut the ride down because of a floating sensor malfunctioning under the bridge. I don't see no reason to be be concerned, Carowinds is safer than the Interstate in front of it.
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet but read the entire article in this link: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/20 ... /26093697/
Apparently a 2 year old fell out of the Red Barron ride. I NEVER heard of this. I guess Carowinds kept it low key.. unless theirs Carowinds haters that spread bull crap on the news.