General Carowinds discussion
Yeah I don't know what was up with Carowinds today. I had 2 run-ins with complete idiots. One went crazy on the ride attendant at Fury when it broke down because he accidentally let like 5 people skip us when he shut down the extra part of the que. Then on drop tower, we got to the top and I counted down from 3 and when we got to the bottom, the guy next to us says to me that I ride the ride to much and I need to get a life or a girl friend.. wasn't really sure what to say to that. But anyways back on topic does anyone know what happened with Fury for the time it was down?
LocalYokel wrote:
pproteinc wrote:So fury just got stuck a little before the crest of the hill and the whole park almost came to stop. everybody is pulling out phones, taking pictures and pointing. Ive heard many say that's why I'm not getting on it. Lol it's been about 10 mins now tho smh. I guess it's a big issue bring that carowinds have been in the news a few times due to rides stopping or "getting stuck."

Was anyone on the train? It's empty now but still stuck just before the drop.

The first train that got stuck for about 20mins people were on. They did a test run twice and the second train got stuck at the top of the lift around 7pm for about 25 to 30 mins.

Whoever said Fury was a walk on that definitely not true. It may have looked like a 20min wait until you had to cut that corner and enter that second temp section behind the transfer station.
Catching up with reading comments. Good to hear that there's not as many puke stories.....Someone passed out after riding Fury?

And to the person who said that to you for riding DROP TOWER? What's that about? A guy who rides a thrill ride too much needs to get a life or a girlfriend? What does that even mean?? I mean, what is that? That's actually what you're doing, getting a life, LIVING LIFE! Having fun.

And a basketball on the Caro Cyclone track? Scary to think someone could end up throwing a foreign object on a coaster track.......It got me thinking, what would actually happen if a coaster was in full speed and something was on the track?
mark40511 wrote:Catching up with reading comments. Good to hear that there's not as many puke stories.....Someone passed out after riding Fury?

And to the person who said that to you for riding DROP TOWER? What's that about? A guy who rides a thrill ride too much needs to get a life or a girlfriend? What does that even mean?? I mean, what is that? That's actually what you're doing, getting a life, LIVING LIFE! Having fun.

And a basketball on the Caro Cyclone track? Scary to think someone could end up throwing a foreign object on a coaster track.......It got me thinking, what would actually happen if a coaster was in full speed and something was on the track?

Didn't California Screamin' over in DCA just get stuck after a backpack fell on the track? I think it would just depend on which part of the train is hitting the object on the track.
Merthecat wrote:
CarowindsCentral wrote:I wonder how the rain feels at 95mph.. :shock:

I don't think they would let you find out...

On my last ride last night it was just a drizzle, but enough to get you wet if you were walking. On the ride we laughed and joked about how it was going to hurt, but it didn't at all and when we got off the ride I was dry. HAHA.
By Chris
cameronmbrown1 wrote:Then on drop tower, we got to the top and I counted down from 3 and when we got to the bottom, the guy next to us says to me that I ride the ride to much and I need to get a life or a girl friend.. wasn't really sure what to say to that.

I might have said something I would regret. :silent:

mark40511 wrote:It got me thinking, what would actually happen if a coaster was in full speed and something was on the track?

A tree branch that fell on the track derailed Ninja at Six Flags in California last year. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/07/magic-mountain-accident/12324119/
By Chris
smh, this happens weekly at all parks. How is this a story? They also showed Fury when talking about Fury being stuck. Showed Windseeker when talking about it being stuck. And showed Intimidator when talking about the kid coaster, Aerial Chace, being stuck. What kind of BS 'click-bate' is that? I think Carowinds just needs to revoke their media access until they realize how amusement park rides operate.
Merthecat wrote:
CarowindsCentral wrote:I wonder how the rain feels at 95mph.. :shock:

I don't think they would let you find out...

I got on it during spring break a few weeks ago and it was pouring when we road it. The 4 people in the front were screaming because it hurt. Saying that, I have been on Intimidator in the rain so I told my cousin to cover his face when we went down the hill. It didn't hurt our hands too much but it could have hurt our faces.
By dianals
Chris wrote:smh, this happens weekly at all parks. How is this a story? They also showed Fury when talking about Fury being stuck. Showed Windseeker when talking about it being stuck. And showed Intimidator when talking about the kid coaster, Aerial Chace, being stuck. What kind of BS 'click-bate' is that? I think Carowinds just needs to revoke their media access until they realize how amusement park rides operate.

The problem is people with cell phones. Both the Windseeker last week, and Fury this week, the pictures were sent to the news outlet by a park visitor who took the picture with their cell phone. If not for that, the news outlets would never even pick up on the story.

Everyone here knows that it is normal. The masses do not, and they see these stories and go into panic mode. Even Disney, the most "family friendly" park around, has breakdowns almost daily. Breakdowns that require evacuation from the attraction. But for some reason it doesn't make the news. Carowinds seems to have a bullseye on it this year, for some reason.
dianals wrote:
Chris wrote:smh, this happens weekly at all parks. How is this a story? They also showed Fury when talking about Fury being stuck. Showed Windseeker when talking about it being stuck. And showed Intimidator when talking about the kid coaster, Aerial Chace, being stuck. What kind of BS 'click-bate' is that? I think Carowinds just needs to revoke their media access until they realize how amusement park rides operate.

The problem is people with cell phones. Both the Windseeker last week, and Fury this week, the pictures were sent to the news outlet by a park visitor who took the picture with their cell phone. If not for that, the news outlets would never even pick up on the story.

Everyone here knows that it is normal. The masses do not, and they see these stories and go into panic mode. Even Disney, the most "family friendly" park around, has breakdowns almost daily. Breakdowns that require evacuation from the attraction. But for some reason it doesn't make the news. Carowinds seems to have a bullseye on it this year, for some reason.

It's because there are more people in the park this year, and like you said, people don't understand that this happens regularly and everyone on that broken down ride are completely safe.