General Carowinds discussion
By gabed
Rip the Millenium Force Golden Ticket legacy.

Here's to 15 years of Fury being the #1 :lol:
By Hiveminded
Just a few years ago the thought of Carowinds having the #1 steel coaster in the world would of been unthinkable. Congrats to the park, very very well deserved. As gabed said, heres to 15 years (or more) of being the #1!
By Carowindsman
So excited to see this. But 2 Carowinds coasters in the top 10 is even better. The Cedar Point fans and the Six Flags fans are butt hurt today. I believe Cedar Fair has done an amazing job to our park. We are beginning to the receive the recognition we want.
By Axel
told you so... :D
Axel wrote:I think there is an excellent chance that Fury 325 might end up as #1 steel but I bet it won't happen overnight... far more voting coaster fans visit the CF flagship Cedar Point and it's 16 coasters than will ever make the trip to Charlotte. The real coaster enthusiasts obviously will come as will the regional populace. After a year when a larger percentage of voting enthusiasts from around the world have ridden Fury is when we'll see if we get the expert vote.

Jonathan wrote:I can say with utmost confidence that Fury 325 will never be #1 on the Golden Ticket Awards, because the setup of the GTAs simply does not allow for a park like Carowinds to do that well.
By RiDeWaRrIoR
Fury deserved this award last year as well! So glad that it won! It definitely should have a #1 spot for several years. Millenium Force is nice but its time for something better to be in its place, hopefully ot will be fury for a while!
By BelowThePeak
This is so great for the park! I think if it gets marketed correctly (commercials, advertisements, news headlines, etc. all referring to Carowinds as "Home to the #1 Steel Coaster in the World as Voted by the GTA's" or something along those lines), the park could see a relatively sizable boost in attendance.

This is really making me excited for the future of Carowinds. I can only imagine how good this park might be ten years down the road.
By Chris
RollerBee wrote:And the vast majority of visitors know anything or care about this award.

The majority of visitors know about the award? And the majority of visitors care about the award? I'm kind of confused as to what you are getting at...
By RollerBee
Chris wrote:
RollerBee wrote:And the vast majority of visitors know anything or care about this award.

The majority of visitors know about the award? And the majority of visitors care about the award? I'm kind of confused as to what you are getting at...

:sarcasm:
Does this help.
By Jonathan
Axel wrote:told you so... :D
Axel wrote:I think there is an excellent chance that Fury 325 might end up as #1 steel but I bet it won't happen overnight... far more voting coaster fans visit the CF flagship Cedar Point and it's 16 coasters than will ever make the trip to Charlotte. The real coaster enthusiasts obviously will come as will the regional populace. After a year when a larger percentage of voting enthusiasts from around the world have ridden Fury is when we'll see if we get the expert vote.

Jonathan wrote:I can say with utmost confidence that Fury 325 will never be #1 on the Golden Ticket Awards, because the setup of the GTAs simply does not allow for a park like Carowinds to do that well.

Thrilled to eat crow! Even though I've never been a big fan of the methodology behind these awards, this is huge for the park and I never would have dreamed Carowinds would have a ride that would win this. And I love Cedar Point, but I'm glad to see it lose its stranglehold on these awards.
By Jarsh
Tim mentioned at the announcement that it won by a single ballot! Hopefully the margin of winning is bigger next year.