General Carowinds discussion
By RollerBee
I agree, expansion of the County Fair is needed. Just remove AFX and add the new rides next to Thunder Road. I would also like to see an third waterpark entrance in that same area. Furthermore if the waterpark expands under Thunder Road, adding trees around Thunder Road could give the ride a backwoods feel and block views of the waterpark. The waterpark could use the shade too.

That seems to be the theme of waterparks, hot concrete and no shade.
By Smree
There's some great suggestions here. I agree whole-heartedly with the parking lot revamp. It's ridiculous as it is right now. Some sort of dark ride would be amazing as well.

I would love to see some of the older rides, like Goldrush, Thunder Road, etc get some TLC. Not necessarily replacing them/updating them, because they're fun as is, but perhaps just rebuilding them to smooth them out a bit. Sort of like they did with the Hurler! It'd be nice to ride some of the older ones without fear of losing a spleen along the way from it being jolted so much!
By chknwing
Smree wrote:There's some great suggestions here. I agree whole-heartedly with the parking lot revamp. It's ridiculous as it is right now. Some sort of dark ride would be amazing as well.

I would love to see some of the older rides, like Goldrush, Thunder Road, etc get some TLC. Not necessarily replacing them/updating them, because they're fun as is, but perhaps just rebuilding them to smooth them out a bit. Sort of like they did with the Hurler! It'd be nice to ride some of the older ones without fear of losing a spleen along the way from it being jolted so much!

this a joke? Where you been the last 5 years? Thunder Road has been completely rebuilt except for the station.
GoldRusher is historic. It was among Carowinds' first coasters and was the first to travel across state borders. I don't see it going anywhere, and I really like it btw.

I think NC side needs some TLC on Thunder Road (but its LIGHTYEARS smoother than the SC side, it ripped someone's shirt off, literally, a couple seasons ago), however the SC side needs some reconstruction as well. Thunder Road NC side is my favorite wooden coaster in the park.

Hurler could use some more work too, and I'm sure will get some. It has a lot of potential.
By Smree
chknwing wrote:this a joke? Where you been the last 5 years? Thunder Road has been completely rebuilt except for the station.

Wow, sorry, I honestly did not know that. I've only really started paying attention to the Carowinds news/etc within the last two-three years, so excuse my lack of information.
By gabed
Jarsh wrote:If Cedar Fair bought it (and that's a big if) it would go to Kings Dominion.

It would be better off at a park like Michigan's Adventure or Valleyfair.
By Smree
redrunner97 wrote:GoldRusher is historic. It was among Carowinds' first coasters and was the first to travel across state borders. I don't see it going anywhere, and I really like it btw.

I think NC side needs some TLC on Thunder Road (but its LIGHTYEARS smoother than the SC side, it ripped someone's shirt off, literally, a couple seasons ago), however the SC side needs some reconstruction as well. Thunder Road NC side is my favorite wooden coaster in the park.

Hurler could use some more work too, and I'm sure will get some. It has a lot of potential.

This is exactly why I think it would be nice to see some work done on it, if nothing else to just freshen it up. It's sort of iconic (plus its fun).

The work done on the Hurler so far has made a huge difference, but I'm hoping they do a bit more too. :)
RollerBee wrote:I agree, expansion of the County Fair is needed. Just remove AFX and add the new rides next to Thunder Road. I would also like to see an third waterpark entrance in that same area. Furthermore if the waterpark expands under Thunder Road, adding trees around Thunder Road could give the ride a backwoods feel and block views of the waterpark. The waterpark could use the shade too.

That seems to be the theme of waterparks, hot concrete and no shade.

In order to expand County Fair and give it the hype that it needs, how about upgrading Ripcord to the 300 foot model like the Skycoaster in Kissimmee, FL and moving it there? AFX is a shell that needs to be replaced anyways, and I know that this is just my opinion, but it feels strange for a level 5 aggressive thrill ride to be considered part of kiddieland. They could even reintroduce the discounted re-rides so that more people will actually purchase tickets.
Chris wrote:^ Is that really in Planet Snoopy, though? Isn't it right across from Harmony Hall, next to Planet Snoopy?

This is true, but the park considers it to be a part of Planet Snoopy. I know it's just my opinion and not fact, but that feels weird. Anyway, just something I thought would be cool to help out County Fair.