General Carowinds discussion
They did not, just that it would opening, my guess would be it is strictly chick fila food but you would have to go to the park to know for sure
Yes Chick fil a is open and have its regular menu as before. I was there today really to get a funnel cake after work lol. I stopped in for some fries and lemonaid. Nice air conditioned venue. Theyre closed on Sunday like all Chick fil a are. I'm just ready for Chickies and Petes so I can loose my mind and indulge, I love that place.
By gabed
Speaking of Chickie and Pete's, if anyone goes today would you get a picture of Chickie and Pete's (if there is any progress). I'm curious to see if it's going up as fast as Harmony Hall.
I think Chickies and Pete's is going up faster than Harmony Hall. There is a bunch of indoor seating and outdoor seating around the corner. It also appears to be walk-up rather than a waitress/waiter serving you.
Attachments
By Jay
Good stuff, about time someone else contributed. I was at the park today and have a ton of pics. It's so many pictures that I can't even begin to go through them all tonight to make any type of an update (before falling asleep anyway). But I promise it will be the first thing I do tomorrow after I wake up.

Not going to hint towards anything, but I imagine most people here will be pleased.
By gabed
[s]Great photos Jay, Chickies and Pete's looks great! I must say, I'm impressed with how much the park has gotten done since my last visit two weeks ago. The water slides seem to be going up quickly, but I don't understand what's taking Funnel Cake Emporium this long to open. Also, seeing partial destruction of the go kart track and the [redacted] really gets me excited! Thanks for the photo update![/s]

[Mod edit] C'mon man I didn't even post yet.
I really can't wait until I start to see footers go into the ground. And how come hurler is becoming so popular. Yesterday, the line was always to the bottom of the stairs under the brake run.
intaminboy wrote:I really can't wait until I start to see footers go into the ground. And how come hurler is becoming so popular. Yesterday, the line was always to the bottom of the stairs under the brake run.

I think with the new work that was done with the first turn into the first hill that was refurbed as other parts of the ride last year, the ride has gotten a new lease at life. The trim brake is removed and the ride is not as jolting as it once was.